You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Glitch Effects for Affinity by RetroSupply Co.

Hi Guys, Im enjoying the whole suite so much... I have a couple of questions 

1) I bought a lot of add ons today with the latest discount, and I registered my aps and devices. I could install all of them but I have a problem with the Glitch effect. A don't the the button to download it from my apps. Can you provide more clarity on how to install it. I only can have a icon that takes me to the store. 

2) Do I need to install all these add ons/on evrey app (Designer/Publisher and photo). I already did it, but Im not sure that's correct.

Thanks again.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, @WEAC.

1 hour ago, WEAC said:

1) I bought a lot of add ons today with the latest discount, and I registered my aps and devices. I could install all of them but I have a problem with the Glitch effect. A don't the the button to download it from my apps. Can you provide more clarity on how to install it. I only can have a icon that takes me to the store. 

Only certain content can be downloaded and installed from within the application, primarily Brushes, Assets, Styles, and templates delivered in .aftemplate format. For that content, the applications have pre-defined locations to install the content. For other kinds of content (JPG or TIFF images, .afdesign files, ...) you must download them yourself, manually, from the Store using your browser. That way you can decide where to put them upon download.

I am, however, surprised to see that nothing from Glitch Effects downloads automatically within the applications. Some portions (Brushes, Assets) could be downloaded. Perhaps this is a conscious decision by Serif for some reason, or perhaps it's a configuration error. We'll need to wait for a comment from Serif on that, I think. But in the meantime you can do the manual download via your browser.

1 hour ago, WEAC said:

Do I need to install all these add ons/on evrey app (Designer/Publisher and photo). I already did it, but Im not sure that's correct.

The applications do not share resources, so if you have brushes, assets, styles, etc. that you want to use in an application you need to have them installed there.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 2/6/2021 at 10:47 AM, walt.farrell said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, @WEAC.

Only certain content can be downloaded and installed from within the application, primarily Brushes, Assets, Styles, and templates delivered in .aftemplate format. For that content, the applications have pre-defined locations to install the content. For other kinds of content (JPG or TIFF images, .afdesign files, ...) you must download them yourself, manually, from the Store using your browser. That way you can decide where to put them upon download.

I am, however, surprised to see that nothing from Glitch Effects downloads automatically within the applications. Some portions (Brushes, Assets) could be downloaded. Perhaps this is a conscious decision by Serif for some reason, or perhaps it's a configuration error. We'll need to wait for a comment from Serif on that, I think. But in the meantime you can do the manual download via your browser.

The applications do not share resources, so if you have brushes, assets, styles, etc. that you want to use in an application you need to have them installed there.

Thanks, Definitely Glitch Effects elements are not auto installed, none of their assets...I look forward an answer from Serif team.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff
On 2/7/2021 at 6:53 PM, WEAC said:

Thanks, Definitely Glitch Effects elements are not auto installed, none of their assets...I look forward an answer from Serif team.

Please could you download the pack from our website as Walt suggested as this is one of the packs that can't be downloaded automatically unfortunately

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.