You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Worst release ever

Joaquim

Hi.

I do really appreciate your work, your price, your incredible software and I'm very grateful for the great tools you made and I use every day, at home, as a freelance and at wrk as a corporate identity director in a film studio.

But must say that the last update is one of the worst I ever seen, is not a bug or a few bugs, affects production! not being able to group or to print a single desktop is not a bug is a not working software for real life work. I do appreciate your hard work but I do also work hard and I do it with the tools you make. What are beta releases for? Are you going to give us a new beta to work? That would mean that the operational release would not be useful and we all will be using a BETA as if the software was just starting, and that's not acceptable, specially when your software is now a very appreciated and used tool in real life every days work. Sorry but this time I'm very disappointed, I need to trust you, I need to trust the tools that help me pay my food. Sorry for the pressure, but you, and I, us the customers, work hard every day.

And looking forward for 2.0

Joaquim Berenguer

www.berenguer.info

I COMPLETELY agree with  Joaquim I just updated Affinity Designer to 1.9, then opened the file I was previously working on and found out I cannot print (attached file). Each time I went to print an artboard AD would crash but I did manage to do a screen capture where it does not show a preview.  I then thought maybe it needs a reboot? Well, now I cannot even startup AD with it crashing.

It's a great piece of software but this is bad!

Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 07.12.44 AM.png

I would like to add something of my own: after updating to 1.9.0 (the official version from MAS, MacBook Pro M1, Native) I noticed an extremely slow application launch and overall performance degradation. A rainbow circle keeps appearing when opening, this was not seen before. I hope this will be resolved as soon as possible 😁

19 minutes ago, Weera Wu said:

Might relate to this post

It is. My at work account, as is not the same purchase. Just was getting more upset arriving home and decide to write a sort of letter to show my point, after different beta releases so many operational bugs should not be in the software, I can understand the bugs under some circumstances, but this ones  are there in any situation as I said they are in basic every day operations, not good for a working tool. I don't want to extend any more as I do love this software and I understand the hard and great work behind, just need it to say it and expecting a very fast answer as I do work hard to with it.

Joaquim Berenguer

www.berenguer.info

Today the mouse stop touching objects when trying to export a PDF, some interface icons are over tiny and so on, I was, and I am very upset that a so badly made release has been send to us all. I think that beta tests are made to prevent this sort of things, and this is not about a bug, it's a terrible mix of not working things. I do appreciate your apologies, I have also made, and will make, mistakes in my life. Must say that I have been in Nottingham so must have some appreciation for Robin hood sisters and cousins :). But please keep in mind that we use your tools for work and this sort of things should not happen, not in this amount or importance. And thank you for helping in leaving Adobe ;), still need Photoshop :(

Looking forward to see V2 of all your apps, I have them all, even not using Photo.

Joaquim Berenguer

www.berenguer.info

Just now, SteveP110 said:

Personally I think it is not yet time to even look at V2

All effort should be on making 1.9 the product it could be if all bugs are fixed. I don't think this was done for 1.7 or 1.8. As a result there is still not an excellent product to use as a base line

I agree, just wanted to say that I do much appreciate this software and would like to keep using it in the future.

Joaquim Berenguer

www.berenguer.info

I'm just wondering, as there do seem to be quite a few problems being reported about the 1.9 release, will we have to wait for a new version to be released for the problems to be resolved, or is it likely that a patch will be issued in the near future?

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

I doubt if the bugs will be fixed in any release. It's been an ongoing saga for how many years now?

Just go straight to v2. What's the difference? It will have bugs as well.

I like the interface and the basic concept of the Suite, but the buggy Beta quality is becoming tiresome.

I've been checking out Corel Draw on mac of all things to see what's wrong with that.

So far they don't have custom workspaces or commands.

It's never a bad idea to hold off upgrading to a .0 release in any software, wait for bug fixes as there's aways something. It has been the same forever. Unless you really, really need a new feature, so it's worth the risk, then there's nothing to force you to upgrade straight away. That's an even better idea when the file format changes so you can't just go back to the older release assuming you've saved work in the new format. It's called using some common sense.

Marc

ArtByMarc.me

After update to macOS 11.2.1 and after all Affinity apps was reinstalled - there is no any problems with application startup performance and overall on my computer. I don't know what helped more. (MBP M1)

Still, I hope that the rest of the bugs with printing and others will be fixed too. A lot of respect for the Serif team, because you are doing a great job!

Edited by Richard Tillard

Bad bad and again.

Just updated the iPad apps. My IOS is in Catalan and all apps that are not in my language get installed by default in Spanish (¿?I said this because I suppose that in French Catalonia they get it in french) or in English as a default language.

Well, after the update now started in Portuguese  I do really love Portugal, but I don't speak they language enough, please forgive me for that. And people from affinity, did your hire someone from ADOBE? of course I know that I can change the language, and I don't really mind, but details are important, your clients are mostly designers!.

Joaquim Berenguer

www.berenguer.info