You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot connect to affinity account after 1.9 update on Surface Book 2

I have Affinity apps installed on a Surface Book 2 and a desktop computer, obtained from my Microsoft store account. I have updated the apps to version 1.9 of both systems, and logged into my account successfully (downloading all my additional purchases) on my desktop computer. However, I get the following error when attempting the same on my Surface Book 2.

"We're sorry, something went wrong during registration or sign in!

"Error while constructing request or parsing servers response: There was an unexpected problem while handling the server's response"

Can anybody advise?

Regards,

Steve

• Staff

We're currently looking into this. Is it possible to give me answers to the following questions?

- Did you buy the app from the Microsoft Store?
- What version of Microsoft Store do you have running (found towards the bottom of the Settings page)?
- What's the version number of c:\windows\system32\RuntimeBroker.exe?
- Are you running any anti-virus software? If so, what is it?

Hi Leigh, I noticed the above thread where I posted the requested information. Please note that both my desktop computer and surface book 2 laptop are running the same versions of the software asked in the questions.

The desktop connects to my Affinity account without issue, the Surface Book 2 has the problem as reported by others!

Here is the info for completeness...

1. Purchased: Windows Store
  2. Windows-Store-Version: 12011.1001.1.0
  3. RuntimeBroker-Version: 10.0.19041.746 Windows-Build: 10.0.19042
  4. Windows defender and Acronis backup ransomware protection

• Staff

Morning! I have a quick update on this issue. We appear to have a couple of issues with the My Account option in the 1.9 update that is affecting some users. We’ve just made available on the forum beta builds for both Affinity Photo and Designer for Windows (Publisher to follow soon) that should hopefully resolve these issues and give us the ability find out what could be causing the issues.

So, if you’re getting…

A crash when clicking My Account in 1.9 on Windows:
This is fixed in the latest beta builds. However, to get around this issue in the retail build, please follow the instruction listed in this FAQ: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/128969-fixed-affinity-apps-no-longer-start-after-installing-the-windows-10-october-2020-20h2-update/

We’re Sorry. Something went wrong during registration or sign-in
We’ve had reports that users who have been getting this error in the Microsoft Store version of our apps have been able to fix this by downloading the beta build of the app and signing into their account using that build. Once they've done this they can then go back into the Microsoft Store version and sign in without any issues.

If you’re issue is not listed above, please try the latest beta builds and see if the issue is resolved. If not, please let me know.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/134032-affinity-designer-windows-customer-beta-191944/ 
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/134031-affinity-photo-windows-customer-beta-191944/

Hope that helps.

1 hour ago, Leigh said:

Morning! I have a quick update on this issue. We appear to have a couple of issues with the My Account option in the 1.9 update that is affecting some users. We’ve just made available on the forum beta builds for both Affinity Photo and Designer for Windows (Publisher to follow soon) that should hopefully resolve these issues and give us the ability find out what could be causing the issues.

So, if you’re getting…

A crash when clicking My Account in 1.9 on Windows:
This is fixed in the latest beta builds. However, to get around this issue in the retail build, please follow the instruction listed in this FAQ: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/128969-fixed-affinity-apps-no-longer-start-after-installing-the-windows-10-october-2020-20h2-update/

We’re Sorry. Something went wrong during registration or sign-in
We’ve had reports that users who have been getting this error in the Microsoft Store version of our apps have been able to fix this by downloading the beta build of the app and signing into their account using that build. Once they've done this they can then go back into the Microsoft Store version and sign in without any issues.

If you’re issue is not listed above, please try the latest beta builds and see if the issue is resolved. If not, please let me know.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/134032-affinity-designer-windows-customer-beta-191944/ 
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/134031-affinity-photo-windows-customer-beta-191944/

Hope that helps.

Good afternoon,

Good news - I am now able to log into my account from my Surface Book 2 (as well as my desktop computer - which as mentioned previously, worked without problem from the start with version 1.9)!

So just to confirm my original problem (with the Surface Book) was "We’re Sorry. Something went wrong during registration or sign-in" - well sign in for me as I already had an Affinity account.

I have now reverted back to the Windows store version 1.9 (uninstalling both Affinity Photo and Designer beta versions using Windows uninstaller), and my account is still working, and I have downloaded my content from the Affinity store in both apps. All my devices are listed in registered apps and devices (both Windows devices and both iPads) under my account as expected now.

I noted that after installing then running the beta version nothing actually happened - it ran but the app didn't apparently load. But when I subsequently ran the still installed Windows store versions, the login to my account worked without any further issues 👌 👍

• Staff

Thanks for the information regarding the beta not running. Our devs have been made aware of the startup issue but it's strange that your issue was fixed even though the app didn't actually launch correctly. 🤔

Thanks again!

the same problem. Affinity (1.9.0.932) installed from MS Store. Help->my account->register your affinity (photo)->click register->"we are sorry something went wrong during registration or sign in. Error while constructing request or parsing server response... "

• Staff
On 2/13/2021 at 9:38 AM, matiej said:

the same problem. Affinity (1.9.0.932) installed from MS Store. Help->my account->register your affinity (photo)->click register->"we are sorry something went wrong during registration or sign in. Error while constructing request or parsing server response... "

Welcome to the forum @matiej This is a known issue and can be fixed by temporarily installing our latest beta build. More information can be found here:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/134424-known-issues-common-issues-found-in-the-affinity-19-update