You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pattern layer - like in Affinity Photo 1.9

Really look forward to getting vector patterns in Designer - the Photo pattern tool is great but need vector

Although, I've found a bit of a workaround cheat by using the new data merge layout tool and symbols that may be worth messing around with if you want to produce vector patterns. once it's setup you can save as an asset and just paste into it, I managed to find a use for it anyway, still no substitute for the real deal though: 

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

Yeah, while I appreciate the effort of the creator, this isn't good enough. A pattern should be infinite and have no hard edges.. This method (is also the method I use) gives you hard edges and when placing something on it, it will cut off, not continuing correctly to the other square (unless you move half to right edge and other half to left edge and so on..). Just add a plain pattern maker and everybody will be happy. Drooled when I saw how easy and fun is the new Pattern mode in Illustrator.. How easily they moved objects, not having to worry about edges.

29 minutes ago, norbinw said:

Drooled when I saw how easy and fun is the new Pattern mode in Illustrator.. How easily they moved objects, not having to worry about edges.

Me too

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

www.bingercreative.co.uk

I did manage to use a workaround similar to above on a few illustration jobs, but it involved messing around with precise placement in the corners

I've included the pattern featured which I have saved as assets which is fully editable with colour and stroke width and all that - I've also created some halftones in the same manor which I know will come in handy on some up and coming T-shirt jobs

Editable repeating vector fill.afpub

Daz1.png

www.bingercreative.co.uk