You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Topaz plug ins on MacOS if Photo purchased through n App Store

I read and read online complaints, and it seems to me that we are all buying Affinity Photo from the Apple App Store not know that the version is different than the version Serif sells on its website.  This isn't right.  How are we to know that we are buying a somewhat stripped down version of the app?

I don't understand the terminology but something related to sandboxing (?)  by the App Store.    Is there a way around this?  Would Serif consider replacing one version with the other or at the very least adding a big warning to their ads so that we know what the heck we're spending money on?  Thanks

8 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

@Sylvia, what is your problem with Topaz plugins?

John

Same as many other users have, John.  You can install them but when you click on them to use them, they don't work.  Get a message Denoise model missing or corrupted as on screen shot when the Topaz app opens (see screen shot is when plug-in is activated and it opens Denoise AI opened).  It happens with newer Topaz plugs in, such as Denoise AI, Sharpen AI, Studio 2, etc.  Many complaints on message boards and the conclusion from those who investigated it, it's that the Photo version we get from the App Store is the cause because of sandboxing.  People who purchased it directly from Serif don't have this issue.  

It's not an issue of installing.  As I mentioned, we can call the plug-in and it opens the Topa app, but that's where it ends.  I had long exchanges with Topaz technicians as did many other users.  The conclusion is always the same, the issue is Affinity Photo sandboxing.

Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 10.52.06 AM.jpg

The problem is not Affinity sandboxing, it is the Apple OS that is doing the sandboxing. You need to raise this with Apple. I wish you luck.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630