You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Windows Enable OpenCL Hardware Acceleration

Yesterday I installed the 1.9 version of Photo and enable OpenCL Hardware Acceleration and every time I open an image Photo would crash so I uncheck the option and everything was fine. But this morning I ran the app Dxdiag and it show me the version of the Feature Levels on my video card (GeForce GTX 1060). As you can see my card supports Feature Levels 12_1 and 12_0. So there is no reason why it does not work. So I tried again enabling the option once again and now its working, I don't know why but its working.  

DxDiagFeatureLevel.jpeg.763b5bd42847ceed68180ef81b244f5a.jpegOpenCl.jpeg.bd9518a3f3361d1a9ac52ca230a4e1fa.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @artofmtl,

Apologies for the delayed response here, many thanks for all the information provided!

I'm very glad to hear this is now working for you, however I agree it's certainly strange that it was not working previously.

On 2/5/2021 at 7:14 PM, artofmtl said:

So I tried again enabling the option once again and now its working, I don't know why but its working.  

I wonder if disabling and reenabling this option changed the GPU in use from the Intel HD 530 (where OpenCL was crashing) to your GTX 1060 (where OpenCL is working as expected). I will inform our development team regarding this, should we have any further issues from customers with multiple GPU options.

I'm certainly hopeful that you shouldn't experience any further issues here, but should you have any questions or possible problems with the app, please don't hesitate to post here :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

On 2/14/2021 at 8:39 AM, Dan C said:

Hi @artofmtl,

Apologies for the delayed response here, many thanks for all the information provided!

I'm very glad to hear this is now working for you, however I agree it's certainly strange that it was not working previously.

I wonder if disabling and reenabling this option changed the GPU in use from the Intel HD 530 (where OpenCL was crashing) to your GTX 1060 (where OpenCL is working as expected). I will inform our development team regarding this, should we have any further issues from customers with multiple GPU options.

I'm certainly hopeful that you shouldn't experience any further issues here, but should you have any questions or possible problems with the app, please don't hesitate to post here :)

So far so good, thank you.