You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

publisher 1.9.0 freezes, when loading File oder pic.

credo

After updating my macbook pro with Big Sur lastest version from publisher 1.8.6.... the app freezes, when loading an existing file oder importing pictures.

The "loading wheel"  can be seen for more than half en hour. No action possible.

The "Not responding app" must be canceled.

Any idea, whats reason?

credo

(Sorry for my english, but I´am german)

I can´t open affinity publisher ANYWAY.

Publisher always tries to open my file and then it hangs (no response) and i have to start again (cmd+opt+ESQ)

My opinion ist, publisher doesn´t like my pdf-files, that are embedded as all the pictures too.

Version 1.8.xxx chrashed sometimes, when i tried to change embedded pdf-FIles.

Hope my chrasreports helps you.

chrashreport_affinity_publisher1.9.txt

I have tried a lot of things, nothing helps:

Reduced the contents of my  file and deleted nearly all of the pics etc in it. 

In my opinion the  problem seems to be, that there is a conflict between affintiy and Mac´s Big-Sur (perhaps Memory-Handling)

I hope, the problem ca be solved soon. Meanwhile i have to use the 1.8.-version.

43 minutes ago, credo said:

I have tried a lot of things, nothing helps:

Reduced the contents of my  file and deleted nearly all of the pics etc in it. 

In my opinion the  problem seems to be, that there is a conflict between affintiy and Mac´s Big-Sur (perhaps Memory-Handling)

I hope, the problem ca be solved soon. Meanwhile i have to use the 1.8.-version.

How do you re-load the earlier version?

We have the same problem, when opening older publisher files in 1.9.0 with linked content (images / vector pdfs). The only way around we found, is to make the location with the linked content unavailable (diconnect the fileseerver where they are stored). Than the file opens but we have to relink everything by hand. That is horrible.

Beside this is the new publisher is unbelieveable slow. Are they going to fix it?

Where can we download the older version?

Thank you for your respond.

On 2/10/2021 at 1:52 PM, schaf said:

We have the same problem, when opening older publisher files in 1.9.0 with linked content (images / vector pdfs). The only way around we found, is to make the location with the linked content unavailable (diconnect the fileseerver where they are stored). Than the file opens but we have to relink everything by hand. That is horrible.

Beside this is the new publisher is unbelieveable slow. Are they going to fix it?

Where can we download the older version?

Thank you for your respond.

Hi

Have you had any response on how to re-install the previous version yet? I'm desperate.

Regards

K

On 2/10/2021 at 3:58 PM, Jon P said:

@schaf Can you also upload your file here, I'll see if it's similar.

@Jon PThe content of the file is sensitive. Our Client does not give us permission to share the content with others. But thank you for your response and your commitment to the problem. Also thank you for the downloadlink with the older versions.

Edited by schaf