You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Congratulations to the whole Affinity team with the launch of 1.9 and the introduction of so many new features 

I'm thankful to all those who have contributed with feedback for the Affinity apps, and to the Affinity team who takes our suggestions and concerns into consideration when working out each new update. It means a lot to the community - I'm certain about that.

Focusing on Affinity Designer, many of us have been asking numerous times about a feature similar to the off-set path in Adobe Illustrator. Finally, Affinity has not only fulfilled this, but added a complete tool for the purpose. In my opinion, the contour tool could even be better packed with features than the one in Illustrator. Good work!

It's worth to mention the new option to link images in the document in Designer and Photo, instead of embedding everything. A feature in Publisher that many have requested to be implemented in the rest of the apps. Now it is!

I like how Affinity sets a major focus specifically on the performance of their apps. Hardware acceleration is important not only for those with powerful machinery, but also for those with rather decent computers who need to utilize their computing power to the fullest. Update 1.9 didn't miss that.

These are some of the newly introduced features with the latest update that I'm happy to see. I'm sure many will find these improvements productive in their workflows and that Affinity will continue with the good work. Nice and steady, keep it up!

Thanks to the team for the continuous help they offer to people struck by the Pandemic with the 90-day trial and 50% off on the whole creative suite.

Wishing everyone a nice weekend and a happy new year with a slight delay!

Cheers!