You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

IS there a masking issue with 1.9 release?

I hope I am the only one that has experienced this:  I think there is apparently a super big problem in 1.9: MASKING NO LONGER WORKS!!!!!] if you do an adjustment to a pixel layer and try to use the brush to paint in or out the effect using black or white on a normal or inverted mask that is attached to the adjustment layer, or if you add a new mask to the adjustment and try to paint in or out the adjustment using brushes on the mask this no longer works. This is a giant big deal as most of my macros no longer work.  If i am the only one how can i fix this  thanks for your support. Otherwise the release is very good !

I think am having an issue with masking as well with this as well- both with adjustment layer masking and possibly regular masking. I am still tinkering....going to try and relaunch the  application and/or uninstall and reinstall.  

Update: Seems to also be an issue with live filter masking? I relaunched and the issues still remain. I will try restarting my computer and testing on another file. 

Edited by JessLB

I solved this issue.  The download from the app store might not work.  I tried download from app store again after deleting the original download and had the same result,  masking would not work.  I then just bought another copy from Serif directly and after spending half a day reloading assets, macros, styles, swatches etc it now works and the release is very good.  It is unfortunate that this occurred but I had a friend here in my neighborhood that had the same issue.  It is unfortunate that you cannot get your purchase key if you buy on the apple app store.