You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF export crashing

Hi everyone,

Since updating to 1.9, I've had Publisher crashing every time I try to export a specific document. I've already exported successfully a bunch of other documents with the same export settings, but this one seems to be stuck. Anyone else facing the same issues?

I have a Publisher document with many linked pdfs. With version 1.9, I now get preflight warnings that the pdf versions do not match, and attempting to export as pdf crashes the whole Publisher session. In the Export dialog, with pdf selected, clicking on More, to check what the export pdf version is, crashes the session as well.

I think there is another problem. In my existing file (which worked fine in Publisher 1.8) several of my linked pdfs have been cropped. On opening the file in 1.9, the Layer/resources option shows passthrough ticked but the options are dimmed and cannot be changed. I can replace the pdf (using Resource Manager) and then I can change the Layer/resources option to Interpret. I understand that Interpret is needed to avoid rasterisation if the pdf is edited at all, including clipping.

Not from vaultdweller, but I've sent you a file. I think the problem is is a pdf file which was placed linked under 1.8 and edited (cropped or scaled). The Layer/resources option shown passthrough checked but both options dimmed so it cannot be changed. I have reloaded all the offending pdfs and set to Interpret, and all is well.

• Staff

These documents aren't crashing for me, I suspect because I am missing the linked resources. Can you try re-linking the resources in your document and seeing if that still causes an issue? If so can you upload those resources?

I'm checking to see if I can create a file in 1.8 that demonstrates this when opened in 1.9 on my machine.

If you need to revert to an older build for now they are available here

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

How do you mean re-link? In the Resource Manager, Update is not available. I can Replace the file with the original, which is then placed as the complete pdf and set to Passthrough. I can set to Interpret, crop and scale as required. If I do that with all the pdfs then I can export the file successfully. Here is one of the pdfs

LivingSpace_0119.pdf

• Staff

I can Replace the file with the original, which is then placed as the complete pdf and set to Passthrough.

This was what I meant by re-link, so thanks for that information and providing the PDF, I'll look into this

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

3 hours ago, Jon P said:

These documents aren't crashing for me, I suspect because I am missing the linked resources. Can you try re-linking the resources in your document and seeing if that still causes an issue? If so can you upload those resources?

I'm checking to see if I can create a file in 1.8 that demonstrates this when opened in 1.9 on my machine.

If you need to revert to an older build for now they are available here

I removed the linked files and placed them again and it exported just fine! Thanks Jon.

Hi! Same problem here. Can't export a file which was created in v1.8.

Furthermore:

• changing all images to be Embedded instead of Linked
  • saving it as a new file
  • trying to export this as pdf --> Publisher crashes
  • opening the new file (with embedded content) again
  • Publisher crashes every time opening this new file