You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Two things:

1) When I import an existing AI file, the CMYK values change in Affinity compared to the original file in Illustrator.

2) After making color changes, I then output the vector logo using web coated SWOP v2 color space and relative colorimetric settings. Opening it in Photoshop (5.1) or Illustrator (5.1), I see the CMYK values all change. Have the values in the Affinity file actually changed, or is the nature of going between the different software packages?

Bottom line is I want to trust my assigned CMYK values in the file are preserved and correctly interpreted by pre-press.

Manup-Logo-cmyk-187process.afdesign

Attached the original AI file. Just purchased Affinity release. I'm not able to select any of the Illustrator document components (handles, objects, etc.). 

Just to test, I created a 6/100/100/30 red square in Affinity, thenexported it as an .eps file. When opened in Illustrator 5.5. Here's what happens to the color:

22.82/100/100/17.26 (in case screen shot doesn't come through)

ManUp-Logo-4CP-01.ai.zip

Thanks; I'm as confused as you are. I opened that file today and was also able to select/edit objects, i.e. everything behaved as it should. The only difference I found was I had left open a software installer (after installing/using Miro Video Converter for another project), which I closed before opening the .ai file. Not going to dwell on it; if I'm able to reproduce the issue, I'll let you know. Colour issue is where we'll stay focused.