You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity 1.9 App Icon Discrepancy on Mac Dock

After the 1.9 release I noticed a discrepancy between the Affinity icons on the Mac dock. Designer and Publisher have hard edge squares and photo has rounded edges like the iPad OS icon. Is this intentional? Am I crazy for noticing this?

(My Designer and Photo are Mac App Store versions while Publisher is purchased from Affinity website if that matters.)  

Affinity 1_9 icons.jpg

• Staff

The icons where updated for the release of Big Sur which for us was our 1.8.6 update, the icons have been rounded since then including our most recent 1.9 release.

Can you open the apps and from the main dropdown menu select About and confirm the versions installed.

It's worth noting the icons shown in app and on the About window are still square, only the apps main icon in Applications/Dock are rounded, see attached screenshot. My Designer is installed from the App Store, Photo and Publisher is downloaded from our Affinity Store.

Screenshot_2021-02-13_at_14_37_18.png