You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have to say before I continue that I have had to disable hardware acceleration and run WARP rendering in all the Affinity products. Some issue on my system probably.

So having made sure I have the latest drivers, having rolled back to several older driver versions also, I still cannot use 1.9. Photo simple crashes trying to open, as mentioned in my previous post.

Designer and publisher open but crash as soon as I touch them, so for the time being I'm going back 1.8. As I said I do believe that the issue is partly with my machine but am still open to

suggestions regarding a fix.

Thanks to all who replied to my previous post. 

Anthony

Drivers.png

No its a complete system crash no message or trace. I had a crash issue in Designer 1.7 & 1.8 when using isometric grids. After extensive investigation

with Affinity no problem could be found. Disabling hardware acceleration was the only solution.  Logs failed to record any useful information and CPU usage was fine.

I have had to disable hardware acceleration in all my browsers also as it was causing a crash issue on certain sites. Guessing its something on my system, even reset Windows

yesterday to see that would help but it made no difference.

I read a post today regarding intel chips, and the fix was to go to the intel website and download drivers from there, I think the post related to 1.9 not starting. I'll see if I can find it.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I'm a newbee with minimal computer skills. I was using a trial version of Affinity Photo V1.8 without problem. I decided to purchase the product and downloaded the new V1.9

Now Affinity Photo doesn't complete focus stacking procedure and freezes up my pc (W10). That was my primary purpose for purchase. Can anyone tell me if I can uninstall V1.9 and find the download for V1.8 ?

Thank you your help.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @Zman88. :)

If you purchased APh from the Affinity Store you can download and install an older version from this page:

https://store.serif.com/update/windows/photo/1

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi @Zman88 I don't know if you can use earlier versions for a trial but the method described in the post below kind of worked for me.

In my case just adding the lines described still wouldn't allow me to open Photo (in this case). However adding the equivalent line from Designer performance file

did allow me to open Photo 1.9 and change the Performance Preferences from within the programme. This method did produce a warning message telling me that

preferences could not be fully loaded but it did open and once you change the preferences I assume a new clean file is written. Same process was applied to Designer and Publisher

and all now run without issue. Would just say this is not a difficult thing to do but a little computer knowledge will be helpful. You do so at your own risk! The setting I changed are Performance, disable openCL and in my case for other reasons set the renderer WARP. Hope this helps and good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Like other users shown above, I too am having problems with V1.9 and want to go back to V1.8.5.   (I purchased the program from Affinity).

However, when I use the link to upload a prior version (as shown in a previous response), I get an error message that a newer version is already installed.  What can I do?  I am concerned that if I uninstall 1.9 that I will lose my license and will not be able to install anything else.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,   .....Larry

13 minutes ago, Larry44 said:

I am concerned that if I uninstall 1.9 that I will lose my license and will not be able to install anything else.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Larry. :)

Please don’t be concerned about losing your licence. You can install or reinstall the product as many times as necessary, as long as the machines you install it on are owned or controlled by you.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)