You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

After upgrading all apps to version 1.9, none will start

Rich MN

I just upgrade the three apps to Windows version 1.9. Now, none of the apps will start. All exhibit same problem. Splash screen is displayed then the app terminates with no errors. Have upgraded NVIDIA display driver to the latest version. I did see in the windows application log file, there is a .NET error when any of the Affinity apps start.  See attached.

Affinity Error.txt

It's due to ...

Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.DivideByZeroException
   at <Module>.Raster.Hardware<Raster::DefaultImplementation>.GetHardwarePossible()
   at Serif.Interop.Persona.Settings.PerformanceSettings..ctor()

... which looks like a problem with determining hardware acceleration & performance settings here. A divide by zero exception is never good!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

It could well be a problem with determining hardware acceleration & performance settings as you put it. It loaded up ok for me but focus stacking no longer worked until I unchecked OpenCL under performance settings. There is also appears to be a bug with exporting JPGs and TIFFs.Very frustrating as I have never had any problems with Affinity before this update. I wonder if we can roll back to the last version?