You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unable to download Photo update in Apple Mac Store

I am trying to update my Affinity apps. I bought publisher directly through Serif and that worked fine. 

On the other hand, I purchased Photo and Designer through the Apple AppStore. It took several tries to successfully update Designer, but Photo will not update. It downloads the installer, then throws of a error message saying "Cannot download Affinity Photo at this time. Please try again later."

I have tried removing the app and doing a fresh install, same thing. 

Any guidance?  I have already tried to contact Apple but have not gotten a response.

Thanks

Hi Dave,

I am so happy to receive the email from Serif for the latest Affinity Suite 1.9 update! I had purchased Publisher directly from Serif and able to update through Serif easily by Product Key.

And I facing the same problem as I purchased Designer & Photo in Apple App Store. I am not able to update both of them with the message "The iTunes Store is unable to process purchases at this time.".

As I need to use Mac OS El Captain to operate some old applications daily, I cannot update my Mac OS.

I would like to know if there is any member can guide us how to update Designer and Photo.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Hi @dave at maidenflowerfarm & @Ecnavda,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble and my apologies for the delayed response here!

If you're having trouble downloading the update through the Apple App Store, please try the below steps -

• Log out of the App Store
  • Restart your Mac
  • Log back into the App Store
  • Navigate to Updates, then select Store > Refresh
  • Select 'Update' for the Affinity app(s)

(Note if you have already removed the app, you will need to navigate to Purchases and not Updates.)

Does this complete the download/install of the update successfully for you? :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

3 hours ago, Dan C said:

Hi @dave at maidenflowerfarm & @Ecnavda,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble and my apologies for the delayed response here!

If you're having trouble downloading the update through the Apple App Store, please try the below steps -

• Log out of the App Store
  • Restart your Mac
  • Log back into the App Store
  • Navigate to Updates, then select Store > Refresh
  • Select 'Update' for the Affinity app(s)

(Note if you have already removed the app, you will need to navigate to Purchases and not Updates.)

Does this complete the download/install of the update successfully for you? :)

It's not that the update does not appear in the app store, it's there, it will not download to 10.11

The iTunes Store is unable to process purchases at this time

website

Mac mini (2018)  3.2 GHz Intel Core i7  64 GB • Radeon Pro 580 8 GB • macOS Monterey

16 hours ago, TomM1 said:

It's not that the update does not appear in the app store, it's there, it will not download to 10.11

The iTunes Store is unable to process purchases at this time

Hi, I tried to update following the steps above, but I have the same problem "The iTunes Store is unable to process purchases at this time. Please try again later" on El Capitan (10.11.6).

I can see updates at App Store, but I cannot download them. 

Please help me!

P. S. I bought both apps on 2015 and never had updating problem before.

P. P. S. My Publisher is already updated, because I bought it directly from Affinity and not from App Store. 

Snímek obrazovky 2021-02-10 v 13.10.50.png

Snímek obrazovky 2021-02-10 v 13.36.57.png

Edited by Jan Tippman

• Staff
14 hours ago, dave at maidenflowerfarm said:

Well, I don't know why, but Affinity Photo just did the update on its own.

Thanks for letting us know Dave :)

2 hours ago, Jan Tippman said:

but I have the same problem "The iTunes Store is unable to process purchases at this time. Please try again later" on El Capitan (10.11.6).

Unfortunately this is an issues with the Mac App Store and not something we at Affinity control. Other users have reported this issue in the below thread - having spoken with Apple support they were advised to delete the app from their Mac, then they could download the latest version from the App Store at no extra cost -

I hope this helps, if you're still having trouble after trying this solution you will need to contact Apple directly for further assistance here!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

Thanks. Moving Photo and Designer to the trash helped. (And it was not necessary to delete them before installing 1.9.) 

BTW, the only reason I bought Designer and Photo through App Store was: it was not possible to buy them directly from AF when I bought them in 2015... The situation was differrent with Publisher, I bought it directly... 

Anyway. Moving apps from Aplications folder to the trash helped. It was no problem to download and reinstall them from App Store again. It is inconvenient, but it works. Thanks everyone, who helped and happy designing!

I had the same AppStore problems with an iMac running El Capitan (other computers with High Sierra and Mojave worked fine in downloading the app).

So I tried trashing AffinityPhoto (didn't need to empty trash), then went to AppStore, located "purchases" and could download Photo 1.9

Everything fine now. Thanks for the approach.

Hi Dave, Dan C, Jan Tippman, TomM1 and Jupf, 

Thanks for all of your tests and inputs! After reading the loops, I followed the method suggested by Jupf and it works perfectly✌️ (by putting both Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer into trash "without empty trash").

Then sign out in App Store and restart my iMac (that running El Captain). The install button appear again in App Store's Purchase tab after sign in.

One interesting point that happened is:- the newly installed Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer doesn't show up in the Application folder. I need to locate them and open them in App Store. Interestingly, both of them are being stored in the folder which I created in 2014 for storing the Beta installers of Affinity Designer.

Thanks again for all of your help here 😉!  Ecnavda

16 hours ago, Ecnavda said:

One interesting point that happened is:- the newly installed Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer doesn't show up in the Application folder. I need to locate them and open them in App Store. Interestingly, both of them are being stored in the folder which I created in 2014 for storing the Beta installers of Affinity Designer.

It's strange. I can see them in Application folder normaly and dock shortcuts worked without need to delete them and create new ones.