You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Placed (linked) .afdesign file in Designer with black overprint

sbgraphic

Hello,

Don't know it was already discussed but "global colors overprint" does not work as expected when exporting in PDF-X4 with placed linked vector files containing global colours using overprint.
It looks like when a another design is linked, it does not take into consideration those global colors, even if this global color is 100% black.

I cannot export cmyk pdf file properly for prepress this way (I'm using linked designs a lot…)
Am I doing something wrong here ? Any comment would be appreciated.

Attached is a simple example for demonstration.
Thx

Mac OSX 10.13.x with Designer 1.8.6 or 1.9.0

Placed_design_overprint_issue.png

Affinity_design_k-overprint_issue.zip

• Staff

Thanks for the files - I've reproduced this and it seems to happen if the object its trying to overprint on to is not contained within the linked file. Unfortunately you may have to paste the contents into the source file to get it to knock out.

I've passed this onto development to be investigated however.

• 1 month later...

This looks like an issue that might come from the handling of (global) colour swatches. Overprinting is an attribute of a colour swatch in Affinity. Only "global" swatches can have that attribute set. But placing a file in another seems to lose the global swatches. Same result when you copy and paste from the logo file into the document file.

See also this post about some missing features where the author notes:

- Global swatches don't carry to another document when copy-n-pasting a logo from one document to another (same as in Publisher)

- Swatches not carrying over to the new document also means that overprint setting are lost because overprint is defined in the swatch, not in the object.