You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ability to create 2-column panels

This is already possible. Drag the panel left to the column on the right until a light blue area appears and then release the mouse.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

2 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

This is already possible. Drag the panel left to the column on the right until a light blue area appears and then release the mouse.

Unfortunately not. Light blue area appears only horizontal, not vertical :(

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) • Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB • macOS Monterey 12 Beta

Thanks for respond, Joachim_L.

It is so strange! I see, you have PC version of Affinity Publisher. But it's not working on my Mac with Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo.

I'm confused... I would like to see developer's reply. 

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) • Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB • macOS Monterey 12 Beta

Hello,

I have updated Affinity Designer with version 1.9.0.

After something is exported in eps format, I can´t klick any buttons.

If I close the program, I can´t reopen it. I have to restart the pc.

Is there a possibility to switch back to a older version?

Thank you. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Andrey Styopin said:

Well... 2 month. 4 updates. Not fixed :( 

I suspect it's just the way it's designed, Andrey, and not viewed as a bug. It's always worked this way on MacOS.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi @Andrey Styopin,

27 minutes ago, Andrey Styopin said:

Well... 2 month. 4 updates. Not fixed :( 

My apologies for the delayed response here!

I can see this post was originally made in the Feedback section of the forums and this is a section of the Forums that the Affinity staff members do not always reply to - as it's a space for users to request the features they want to see in the apps.

As the 'ticket' created for this thread was created as a 'Feedback' post, and the content included what appeared to be a genuine request, the 'ticket' was closed in the Affinity system without a staff member replying - which as above is the standard process.

Unfortunately after this point, a forum moderator moved this post to the bugs section of the forums - I can see the reason this was done and I am certain it was done in 'good faith' to try and get the answers you wanted for your post, but this meant that our QA team did not have a 'ticket' for this thread and would not have found it to reply to, my sincerest apologies for this as it has resulted in a delay to your thread.

In regards to your report - I can confirm this is 'by design' on macOS and the specific feature that you're looking for is only available on Windows. Therefore I will move this thread back to the Feedback section of the forums for our devs to see and consider adding this in a future version.

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • Staff
17 minutes ago, Andrey Styopin said:

Still not fixed in 1.10 😭

As confirmed above-

On 4/13/2021 at 3:53 PM, Dan C said:

In regards to your report - I can confirm this is 'by design' on macOS and the specific feature that you're looking for is only available on Windows. Therefore I will move this thread back to the Feedback section of the forums for our devs to see and consider adding this in a future version.

This is not a bug, it is a feature that is supported on one OS but not the other. This is logged as an improvement with our developers. I hope this clears things up :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Semper Creatrix said:

It does not make sense to say "It is by design".

Because we, Mac users, we are paying the same amount of money for less features.

Is that "By the Design"?

I think what Serif means is that it is not a bug or mistake but an intentional omission. And we Mac users have some features that Windows users don't have, too. For example, we can change the user interface font to a larger size which Windows users frequently request.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2024 at 6:47 PM, MikeTO said:

I think what Serif means is that it is not a bug or mistake but an intentional omission. And we Mac users have some features that Windows users don't have, too. For example, we can change the user interface font to a larger size which Windows users frequently request.

WHAT?

Are you saying that Affinity is making a bad product on purpose?

Explain to me why we cannot have 2 or 3 columns if we using Mac. Explain the logic behind the "It is by design"

10 hours ago, Semper Creatrix said:

Explain the logic behind the "It is by design"

When an issue is logged as a Bug, it means that an implemented feature seems not to behave as expected. Further investigation may result in the issue being acknowledged as a bug, worked on to correct the behaviour and subsequently resolved as ‘Fixed’, or it may (among other possibilities) be found that the observed behaviour is actually the expected behaviour, in which case the issue will be resolved as ‘By Design’.

When an issue is logged as an Improvement, it means either that a feature has been implemented but its behaviour could be improved or that the feature is desirable but hasn’t yet been implemented. The ability to pin two columns of panels to the right on Mac and the ability to change the size of the interface font on Windows are just two examples of the latter type of issue.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

9 hours ago, Semper Creatrix said:

Explain to me why we cannot have 2 or 3 columns if we using Mac. Explain the logic behind the "It is by design"

Only Serif knows that answer. It could be the macOS version was done first and when the Windows version was done they decided to add the multiple column support but haven't yet gone back and added it to the macOS version. Or it could be that they planned to do it, found a bug during internal testing, and held back its release but haven't gotten back to it yet because there are more pressing matters. Or perhaps they're using a third-party framework to build the user interface and that framework doesn't support multiple panel columns on macOS.

There are probably other explanations but the only thing that matters is that Serif knows it's a feature that their users want and I think they're aware of that. But requesting it again is always a good idea.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)