You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cant login within Affinity Photo

I updated to the recent Version and one feature should be to login to your account within Affinity photo to syncronise all purchases.

Unfortunately Affinity crashes when clicking on account and it tries to establish a connection...

Win10 -

Edition    Windows 10 Pro
Version    20H2
build    19042.746
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

24Ram

• Staff

Hi @Fabe,

Welcome to the forums!

I'm very sorry to hear you're having trouble and my apologies for the delayed response here.

Firstly I'd like to request a copy of your crash reports, please open Windows Run (Windows Key + R) then paste the following string and press OK:

%APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports\reports\

In the window that opens, please select the 3 most recently created .dmp files, then upload these to your reply here.

Can you also please confirm for me:

• What version of Windows are you running? You can find out by searching for 'winver' in the Start Menu - image.png winver.jpg

• What do you have set as your default web browser please? (ie Edge, Chrome, Firefox etc)
  • Are you running any form of VPN, Firewall, Anti-virus or network monitoring software, that may be interfering with the Affinity app?

Many thanks in advance!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• 11 months later...

I have the same issue on all of the apps, but affinity publisher after thousands of tries (no administrator, reinstalling, just launched the app and went to the account and connected), it finally worked, but i couldnt make the other 2 apps to work.  Its the last update (downloaded yesterday).

The error says "Timeout while waiting for registration service "ready" notification." "Try again" button and "remind my later".

image.png.41781dbb2183f26a7367fcc64ee1d585.png

Im using Microsoft edge on Windows 11 with all updates made.

Edition    Windows 11 Pro
Version    21H2
Installed on    ‎1/‎15/‎2022
OS build    22000.434
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.434.0

My specs are:

Device name    DESKTOP-L357E2N
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz   2.80 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Nvidia GeForceGTX 1050 TI  4GB gpu

• Staff

Hi @Viso13k,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!
Can you please download the attached file and then copy this into your User folder:

"C:\Users\[USERNAME]"

Once the file has been pasted in the above location, restart Affinity and try again. This should force registration to happen in your default web browser outside the app instead of within the app.

Does this allow you to finish registration please? :)

afreg.cfg

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

7 hours ago, Dan C said:

Hi @Viso13k,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!
Can you please download the attached file and then copy this into your User folder:

"C:\Users\[USERNAME]"

Once the file has been pasted in the above location, restart Affinity and try again. This should force registration to happen in your default web browser outside the app instead of within the app.

Does this allow you to finish registration please? :)

afreg.cfg 13 B · 5 downloads

Hi,
Thank you for the fast response, but the same problem i'm affraid. I've also tried updating and reseting my network drivers and settings with no effect.  

You need to run the app as an administrator.

Ali 🙂

Hobby photographer.
Running Affinity Suite V2 on Windows 11 17" HP Envy i7 (8th Gen) & Windows 11 MS Surface Go 3 alongside MS365 (Insider Beta Channel).

Tried what? Running as administrator?

Ali 🙂

Hobby photographer.
Running Affinity Suite V2 on Windows 11 17" HP Envy i7 (8th Gen) & Windows 11 MS Surface Go 3 alongside MS365 (Insider Beta Channel).

• Staff

@Viso13k It may be worth trying the above folder if the originally suggested location has not worked for you - as this appears to be a difference between Windows 10 and Windows 11 systems :)

as i have said, my hunch to put the patch into both folders, windows, and windows.old worked. I believe that it is the windows.old folder that allowed the patch to work. I don't know why such a folder would exist in a fresh, barebones installation of windows 11, surely, there would be just the default windows user folder.