You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Main window offset on multiple displays

mattspace

Hi,

This is a bug that effects 1.8 builds and the new 1.9, but did NOT effect the 1.9 beta, and does not seem to effect a different user account.

Designer is behaving as if it's hard coded to the left hand side of a multi display system. Toggling into separated mode, and back brings the main window back to the middle (main) display.

I've uninstalled Designer using AppCleaner, which seemed to get a lot of files in ~/Library etc. Then downloaded Designer afresh and installed afresh, BUT it hasn't asked me for a serial or acted like it's in trial mode (which it did when I launched in a different user account on the machine) - so my working hypothesis is that since it didn't effect the beta (being a different application), or a different user account, is there is some persistent file that contains the rego information, and the damaged screen position at  launch, within my working user account on this machine.

So, what are the locations for every possible file related to designer that contain rego information or anything related to preferences, window positioning etc?

designer_launch.png

i might have fixed it... fingers crossed;

preferences, miscellaneous: "reset default user defaults"

I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, but it still didn't act like it was unlicensed / trial, so there's something persistent - any guides available on how to completely clean Designer out, so that when reinstalling it doesn't act as if it's been installed previously?

• Staff

Hi mattspace,

Thanks for letting us know - firstly apologies for not responding to your initial thread. Unfortunately we're all still working from home so don't have access to a wider ranger of equipment as we had previously. In this case I don't have access to a multi-monitor Mac setup, so wasn't able to investigate or attempt to reproduce the issue you were suffering from.

However from what you've said it now does sound like there was something a bit strange with your user preferences, causing it to get stuck to the left. User settings can be reset by holding down 'Ctrl' on run up and ticking every box to clear them, so it is worth bearing this in mind if you do suffer from the issue. Alternatively you can go to the following locations and delete the folder to reset:
Mac App Store:
\Users\username\Library\Containers\com.seriflabs.affinitydesigner\Data\Library\Application Support\

Affinity Store:
\Users\username\Library\Application Support\Affinity Designer

With regards to the resetting the license state - unfortunately this is something we don't have access to. We use VMs for testing the trial procedures/regisration within the software.