You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bugs I've seen so far in 1.9.0

budaloco

Hi Guys! I'm loving 1.9.0, I'm using BIG SUR latest update and this is what I've seen. In bold is the most annoying one so far.

• Toolbar icons change size randomly some times.
  • The pointer function does not go back to select mode when you create a shape (it stays on shape mode...quite annoying)
  • The pointer does not work (I just get the regular black pointer for everyting).
  • There is a LAG when working with text in general. Specially when cycling from text tool to hand
  • When you group a paragraph text block it becames BIGGER (very annoying).
  • The two finger scroll is somewhat CRAZY sensitive

I´ll be reporting on  with more updates soon.

• Staff

Hi budaloco,

When reporting issues to us it is always best to create a post for each individual issue. This allows us to better handle and respond to each particular issue - discussing many different issues in a single thread can get very confusing. If you could also include any steps, files or screenshots relating to those and how to reproduce that is always helpful!

7 hours ago, budaloco said:
  • Toolbar icons change size randomly some times.

We're aware of this issue - it seems to be the Colour Picker Tool and a couple icons on the Colour Panel that are affected. Switching Personas does seem to fix the size of the Colour Picker Tool so that is probably the randomness you're seeing.

• The pointer function does not go back to select mode when you create a shape (it stays on shape mode...quite annoying)

Again we have this issue logged!

• The pointer does not work (I just get the regular black pointer for everyting).

What version of macOS are you using? Are you able to get a screen recording that demonstrates this issue?

• There is a LAG when working with text in general. Specially when cycling from text tool to hand

Do you have a document that you can reproduce this in that you could attach at all please? Again a screen recording showing the lag you're experiencing would be helpful.

• When you group a paragraph text block it becames BIGGER (very annoying).

This is a known issue that is with development.

• The two finger scroll is somewhat CRAZY sensitive

What mouse model are you using and where abouts in the application are you seeing this? Unfortunately I only have access to a regular wheel mouse.

• In pixel persona, when I'm refining a mask, the whole mask would suddenly dissapear. The mask would still work though. What's missing is the red preview.

Are you able to get a screen recording of this along with attaching any required files we could use to reproduce it please? 

5 hours ago, Sean P said:

We're aware of this issue - it seems to be the Colour Picker Tool and a couple icons on the Colour Panel that are affected

Just thought I would also add that Text Layer icons in the Layers panel are also a bit on the wee side now too in all three apps!

566030553_Screenshot2021-02-05at17_50_52.png.b15a8f37ac29f58e31af1f5f16a252ed.png

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

13 hours ago, budaloco said:

When you group a paragraph text block it becames BIGGER (very annoying).

I usually wait a week or so before updating to latest version - the above is a major problem and would cause chaos with my workflow so can't update till it's sorted, which is a shame as theres some really great features to this update - (still enjoying playing with latest 1.9 beta)

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk