You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.9.0 performance issue - laggy

jop

Yes, same happen for me, desktop PC user, amd ryzen 7 2700x, gtx1660ti, 32GB Ram, not a slow computer I guess. But I got very laggy Affinty after upgraded to 1.9 and latest version. Search through google and find out a similar solution: Uninstall all affinity apps, go to Users\***\AppData\Roaming, delete folder Affinity then reinstall again. It works. Hope Serif would fix this issue soon. We don't wanna do too much steps like this to get smoothy performance whenever upgrading version.

• 2 weeks later...

Having similar issues with v1.9.1.979, with an extremely powerful workstation. (AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970x, 64gb 3600mhz RAM, Radeon VII/16gb RAM, 2TB m.2 Rocket SSD). My machine is built for extreme performance, and Affinity Publisher acts like I'm using an old Intel Celeron with 512mb of ram. This is absurd. I've tried turning off the hardware acceleration, uninstalling/reinstalling all Affinity apps, and changing the file folder as suggested above. This improved performance somewhat, but considering the raw power of my PC, this program should not be laggy or unresponsive whatsoever. I admit to having a long document (642 page novel), but even scrolling/minor text edits are completely unresponsive at times. So much so that I think the program has crashed (which also happens on occasion.)

This combined with other issues, and I'm getting more and more frustrated with Affinity software. (Don't get me started on simple things like the inability to set my default measurements to inches instead of mm, lack of preferred options for cropping in Photo, general bugginess of tools randomly changing behavior, etc etc etc.) I've been using Affinity software for close to two years on both PC and Mac, and I really, Really, REALLY hate Adobe with the fire of a thousand suns, but if I'm going to waste hours of time and be frustrated enough to get extremely stressed out, then I may have to sell my soul and go back to Adobe.

Please FIX THIS.

5 hours ago, Bardic said:

Having similar issues with v1.9.1.979, with an extremely powerful workstation. (AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970x, 64gb 3600mhz RAM, Radeon VII/16gb RAM, 2TB m.2 Rocket SSD). My machine is built for extreme performance, and Affinity Publisher acts like I'm using an old Intel Celeron with 512mb of ram. This is absurd. I've tried turning off the hardware acceleration, uninstalling/reinstalling all Affinity apps, and changing the file folder as suggested above. This improved performance somewhat, but considering the raw power of my PC, this program should not be laggy or unresponsive whatsoever. I admit to having a long document (642 page novel), but even scrolling/minor text edits are completely unresponsive at times. So much so that I think the program has crashed (which also happens on occasion.)

This combined with other issues, and I'm getting more and more frustrated with Affinity software. (Don't get me started on simple things like the inability to set my default measurements to inches instead of mm, lack of preferred options for cropping in Photo, general bugginess of tools randomly changing behavior, etc etc etc.) I've been using Affinity software for close to two years on both PC and Mac, and I really, Really, REALLY hate Adobe with the fire of a thousand suns, but if I'm going to waste hours of time and be frustrated enough to get extremely stressed out, then I may have to sell my soul and go back to Adobe.

Please FIX THIS.

You're not alone.  I'm using an older beta thats essentially unstable.  It crashes frequently.  No threadripper but my 5600x with similar other hardware to you just destroys most programs.  This one however... Runs like hot garbage on any of the newer releases.  So I keep using older versions.  I have a 735 page book and the earlier versions run if fine with no lag... Just some ctd.  Every 2 hours or so.   Love the software suite, just wish it wasn't an unstable mess.  Page Plus was rock solid, even if it was showing its age.  

This is award winning software and sometimes I wonder how...

Windows 10 x64 (OS Build 19043.1706) - AMD 5900X - 32 GB - 2 TB M.2 - 1 TB SSD - Radeon 6900XT

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2021 at 4:31 AM, VolkerMB said:

Good to know that the Paragraph panel is the cause of the problem. So let's hope for a quick fix. Because... running a DTP app without the Paragraph panel...?

Fixed it for me!