You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Welcome to the forum @František Nováček We're currently looking into this. Is it possible to give me answers to the following questions?

- Did you buy the app from the Microsoft Store?
- What version of Microsoft Store do you have running (found towards the bottom of the Settings page)?
- What's the version number of c:\windows\system32\RuntimeBroker.exe?
- Are you running any anti-virus software? If so, what is it?

On 2/8/2021 at 3:08 PM, Leigh said:

Welcome to the forum @František Nováček We're currently looking into this. Is it possible to give me answers to the following questions?

- Did you buy the app from the Microsoft Store?
- What version of Microsoft Store do you have running (found towards the bottom of the Settings page)?
- What's the version number of c:\windows\system32\RuntimeBroker.exe?
- Are you running any anti-virus software? If so, what is it?

I bought the app on the website https://affinity.serif.com

The RuntimeBroker.exe version is 10.0.19041.746

Antivirus integrated in windows 10.

Edited by František Nováček

• Staff

Thanks for the info. Do you have a software or Hardware firewall installed? Your error is different to the other ones that have been posted and seem to point to the app not being able to connect to the internet?

You could perhaps try the latest beta build to see if that improves things: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/134031-affinity-photo-windows-customer-beta-191944/

I use Advanced SystemCare V14 Pro. I don't know if it's a firewall, but there's some protection.
For the sake of completeness, I would like to add that I have a problem with Affinity photo in version 1.8 from the beginning - Stock did not work (it still does not work), ie an unknown persistent connection problem.
After updating the AP to version 1.9. the problem persists. I was considering uninstalling and re-installing, I would like to ask in this context how to proceed so as not to lose the user settings of the AP. Thank you for your time.

• Staff

I have a quick update on this issue. We appear to have a couple of issues with the My Account option in the 1.9 update that is affecting some users. We’ve just made available on the forum beta builds for both Affinity Photo and Designer for Windows (Publisher to follow soon) that should hopefully resolve these issues and give us the ability find out what could be causing the issues.

So, if you’re getting…

A crash when clicking My Account in 1.9 on Windows:
This is fixed in the latest beta builds. However, to get around this issue in the retail build, please follow the instruction listed in this FAQ: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/128969-fixed-affinity-apps-no-longer-start-after-installing-the-windows-10-october-2020-20h2-update/

We’re Sorry. Something went wrong during registration or sign-in
We’ve had reports that users who have been getting this error in the Microsoft Store version of our apps have been able to fix this by downloading the beta build of the app and signing into their account using that build. Once they've done this they can then go back into the Microsoft Store version and sign in without any issues.

If you’re issue is not listed above, please try the latest beta builds and see if the issue is resolved. If not, please let me know.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/134264-affinity-designer-windows-customer-beta-191952/
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/134261-affinity-photo-windows-customer-beta-191952/

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2021 at 3:55 AM, Leigh said:

I have a quick update on this issue. We appear to have a couple of issues with the My Account option in the 1.9 update that is affecting some users. We’ve just made available on the forum beta builds for both Affinity Photo and Designer for Windows (Publisher to follow soon) that should hopefully resolve these issues and give us the ability find out what could be causing the issues.

So, if you’re getting…

A crash when clicking My Account in 1.9 on Windows:
This is fixed in the latest beta builds. However, to get around this issue in the retail build, please follow the instruction listed in this FAQ: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/128969-fixed-affinity-apps-no-longer-start-after-installing-the-windows-10-october-2020-20h2-update/

We’re Sorry. Something went wrong during registration or sign-in
We’ve had reports that users who have been getting this error in the Microsoft Store version of our apps have been able to fix this by downloading the beta build of the app and signing into their account using that build. Once they've done this they can then go back into the Microsoft Store version and sign in without any issues.

If you’re issue is not listed above, please try the latest beta builds and see if the issue is resolved. If not, please let me know.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/134264-affinity-designer-windows-customer-beta-191952/
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/134261-affinity-photo-windows-customer-beta-191952/

Hope that helps.

Leigh, after I download the beta and login successfully do I then uninstall the beta and reinstall the Microsoft store version? I'm just asking so I don't have both versions installed in the end. You seemed to have skipped that step in the process. Thank you for your time and help solving problems in the new update. 

• Staff

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
On 2/19/2021 at 6:30 PM, Bryan Boly said:

Leigh, after I download the beta and login successfully do I then uninstall the beta and reinstall the Microsoft store version? I'm just asking so I don't have both versions installed in the end. You seemed to have skipped that step in the process. Thank you for your time and help solving problems in the new update. 

We've had reports from users that it still worked after uninstalling the beta, so it's up to you :)

Just found some time to install the beta-version and the original version. I now can do my registration process. But I have to be very quick, because the program is still closing after a short period of time.

So, no chance to work with it. There is no error message or something...just closing

Also checked my firewall from BitDefender.

Some ideas what is going wrong here?

Thanks

• Staff
On 2/22/2021 at 10:59 AM, dkrepels said:

Just found some time to install the beta-version and the original version. I now can do my registration process. But I have to be very quick, because the program is still closing after a short period of time.

So, no chance to work with it. There is no error message or something...just closing

Thanks

Please download and install the latest update, 1.9.1, to see if that resolves your issue. Let me know how you get on.

On 2/22/2021 at 4:59 AM, dkrepels said:

Thanks

I have heard looking into your firewall/antivirus is a good thing to do from another user. Apparently not all firewalls or antivirus work well with Affinity products. I don’t know which don’t work well with Affinity but I do know that Microsoft’s, Windows Defender works with Affinity Photo on my PC. If you have a Mac I am unsure how to help because I don’t have one. I do hope this helps you get back to editing again though. I’d suggest looking into other antivirus programs that work well with editing software as a suggestion.

• Staff
On 2/26/2021 at 10:25 AM, dkrepels said:

Hi Leigh,

thanks for getting into this. Just downloaded the update from the Microsoft Store for Designer, Photo and Publisher. Same Problem. 

Strange is the fact, that I always have to uncheck the welcome screen when i open the program again. 

Best

Daniel

Perhaps you could try adding our apps to the Windows Firewall Exceptions list.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

sorry for getting back to this issue so late. First of all i want to thank you guys for trying to help me to solve my problem.

I just had a closer look to my firewall that is provided by bitdefender. I completely shut the firewall down...and had the same problem. Also i didn't find any entry that Affinity is blocked or cut in any ways.

Really not sure what the problem is. The strange thing is, that we have a second computer in our home-office with exactly the same setup and the same bitdefender software and setting. Before the registration there was the same problem, that the Affinity Designer just closes after a few seconds. But after registration the version works. Only on my machine it won't.

No idea...

Thank you

• Staff
On 3/12/2021 at 5:14 PM, dkrepels said:

Before the registration there was the same problem, that the Affinity Designer just closes after a few seconds. But after registration the version works. Only on my machine it won't.

If the app is closing down after starting you could be seeing another issue related to OpenCL. Have you tried our latest 1.9.2 beta builds?