You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

updating affinity to latest version

I have a second copy of Publisher and Designer on a home computer. It has updated to the latest version however my work computer (still at home) doesn't show 'new version available' I can't see how to make the updates. Could you give some help here.

Thanks for any advice

What OS is the machine running? Where did you purchase the applications for that machine?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks. Assuming they're both using the Mac App Store in the same region I would expect them to both have the update available.

But I don't use Mac, so I'll defer to someone else for more answers.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

13 minutes ago, boorowaboy said:

thanks for you comment. I originally downloaded and purchased via Affinity rather than the MacApp.

Then as far as I know, neither would simply "update overnight". You would have to restart the application, or click on "Check for Updates" in the menu.

So I'm a bit confused by your descriptions, or more likely by my lack of Mac experience :)

-- Walt
PC:

Hi Again

Yes I have done the usual, restarted each program. I think that the difficulty is that both computers have the same program, ie the same product key. So I imagine the upgrade went to one computer and then ignored the second.

Affinity  says; You can install Affinity Designer on any compatible computer that you own or control, as long as no one else will be using it for commercial purposes. You only need separate licences for different platforms (e.g. Windows and macOS).

cheers

Ok Walt and Buko

I have sorted the problem using what little common sense I have left.

On a Mac go to the App store and select the updates. If you have purchased the program it will come up on a separate dialogue box and you then select update, all.

Which it has now just completed.

I have just read your comment. If you are a mac user do as I suggested, go to the app store, select updates and follow the prompts.

cheers

34 minutes ago, buko said:

Thanks but i use Windows 10

For anything you purchased from the Affinity Store you can go to https://affinity.store/account/downloads and find the application in the list and you'll have a Download link there.

-- Walt
PC: