You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.9 Photo Update: Falling Snow vs. Snow Overlay

Other than providing entirely different images to use?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I think you're mistaken, and it's simply how the (external) creator of those assets decided to name them. I don't think the User Guide for them says anything specific about that, but I haven't read it carefully.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Hi there,

If I download the snow overlay assets on my desktop (Mac), will they also be available on my iPad? Both have Affinity products installed.

How do I make them available on both devices? Do I have to connect them somehow or is it enough when the same user is logged in?

Many thanks in advance!

3 minutes ago, Dochgu said:

If I download the snow overlay assets on my desktop (Mac), will they also be available on my iPad? Both have Affinity products installed.

How do I make them available on both devices? Do I have to connect them somehow or is it enough when the same user is logged in?

If you have run the registration dialog on your iPad, and have chosen (in the My Account dialog) to download the assets there, they should be available. Just downloading on the Mac would not be enough; you need to have the iPad application registered, too, and configured to do the download.

(But I think I saw another topic where there was an issue with this function on iPad, that they were working on.)

-- Walt
PC:

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, srg said:

Can you tell me how can I down load the snow thing? I see on my account but what to do with that?

You see on your account where? Within the app? On the Affinity Store website?

If it's within the app, differs the My Account panel show it has been downloaded? If so, if I remember correctly, you'll find it in the Assets panel. The icons won't show up very well, so you'll want to have the Assets panel set to display in list mode.

If on the website, you'll download, unzip, and import into the Assets panel. Or you'll want to download the JPG versions if you don't want them as Assets.

There may also be a user guide, which would be available either location.

-- Walt
PC:

18 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

You see on your account where? Within the app? On the Affinity Store website?

If it's within the app, differs the My Account panel show it has been downloaded? If so, if I remember correctly, you'll find it in the Assets panel. The icons won't show up very well, so you'll want to have the Assets panel set to display in list mode.

If on the website, you'll download, unzip, and import into the Assets panel. Or you'll want to download the JPG versions if you don't want them as Assets.

There may also be a user guide, which would be available either location.

Thank you Walt, I spent hours yesterday and finally gave up. All I was able to see was super small stamp like snow. I gave up.

I usually have no problem in using my applications even less installing things etc but never encountered such a confusing explanation and installation. 

@srg  Did you see the "super small stamp like snow" in your Assets Panel?  If so, click on one, and then drag it to the size you want over your image. (See sample below --- I used several of the snow stamps and a sleet stamp just to try them out.)  If you are having trouble seeing the assets, you could first go up to the hamburger icon at the top of the Assets Panel and check Show As List .  And if you are working with a Light Mode Interface, you could also temporarily switch to Preferences>User Interface and click on Dark.   The little icons show much better there.   Don't give up!

599234374_SnowintheHighlands.thumb.jpg.220c8226d0ac1c71ba6e1536ef3b4727.jpg

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

On 3/11/2021 at 4:07 PM, jmwellborn said:

@srg  Did you see the "super small stamp like snow" in your Assets Panel?  If so, click on one, and then drag it to the size you want over your image. (See sample below --- I used several of the snow stamps and a sleet stamp just to try them out.)  If you are having trouble seeing the assets, you could first go up to the hamburger icon at the top of the Assets Panel and check Show As List .  And if you are working with a Light Mode Interface, you could also temporarily switch to Preferences>User Interface and click on Dark.   The little icons show much better there.   Don't give up!

599234374_SnowintheHighlands.thumb.jpg.220c8226d0ac1c71ba6e1536ef3b4727.jpg

Thank you, I finally got them

Btw, I love the "hamburger icon",  funny....