You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unable to log into my Affinity Photo account

Hello and thank you for the new Affinity Photo update. I was unable to log into the Serif site in order to download the new Assets. I received a flag that said my password was incorrect, so I tried the reset option but did not get a mail response back on how to change the password. I am able to log on to this forum site. 

@Curt  @AndrewJSchoen

Your Affinity Store account is completely separate from your forum login details.  IOW, having a login for this forum does NOT create an Affinity Store account for you.

On the registration page in APh you need to select the option to Create and account.  You would not have received an email to reset your password because your email address would not have been recognised by the Store Account database.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Thanks for the reply. I had actually thought this might be the case, and had tried to create a new account, but it complained that the account already existed. I can log into the Affinity website (not the forum) and see my available downloads (e.g. brushes, etc), but that same info cannot be used in the app.

I was able to login to my Serif/Affinity account and see my purchased software but after the latest update I decided to download the freebies and was asked to login. When I did it could not find my email. I tried to login online and could also got the message it could not find my email. I re-registered Affinity Photo and Designer via the software windows and confirmed the email, but still could not login to my account online. I do have my serials saved but it's frustrating not being able to see my account and purchases. How can this be fixed?

Edited by ShariK
typo

4 hours ago, ShariK said:

I was able to login to my Serif/Affinity account and see my purchased software but after the latest update I decided to download the freebies and was asked to login. When I did it could not find my email. I tried to login online and could also got the message it could not find my email. I re-registered Affinity Photo and Designer via the software windows and confirmed the email, but still could not login to my account online. I do have my serials saved but it's frustrating not being able to see my account and purchases. How can this be fixed?

Are you sure you were logging in with the correct email address? Remember that the forums and the Affinity Store are separate, and you might have to log in with one email at the store but a different one for the forums, depending on how you registered. Also they have separate passwords.

I have not seen any problems reported with logging in directly to one's Store account via a web browser, so if I'm interpreting your post correctly, and you tried that and failed, the my first guess would be that you used the wrong email and/or password to try to login via the web.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Just to clarify on my end: I have no problems logging into the Affinity (not forums) website with the same credentials I used in the application. In fact, I only just created the forums account after experiencing the issue. My Affinity account dates back to at least as far back as 2018. The problem only occurs when I use the applications. I think the issue might be that I don’t actually have my purchases of the applications tied to that account explicitly, since they were purchased on the Mac/App Stores, not from Affinity directly.

I wonder if it is checking for a database field on the application (e.g. purchase signature) that isn’t there? I have also just confirmed that the same issue is present on my iPad apps as well.

Edited by AndrewJSchoen
Missing word

@AndrewJSchoen

Thanks for the additional information.

I think we need Serif staff to comment on this.  I have no problem accessing my Serf account, both on Windows (so can "register" from within the apps) and on my very recently purchased iPad (also successfully registered from within APh).

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

33 minutes ago, AndrewJSchoen said:

I think the issue might be that I don’t actually have my purchases of the applications tied to that account explicitly, since they were purchased on the Mac/App Stores, not from Affinity directly.

If you have an account at the Affinity Store website, then at some point you have purchased something from the Store (software, or creative content like brushes, etc.) or you have claimed some of the free content that Serif offers with new versions of the software or to new purchasers of the software (from any of the stores).

So, given that you have an account with the Affinity Store, you should be able to sign in to it from the My Account function, using the same email/password you would use to sign in directly to the Store using your web browser. However, some users are finding they can't. Some of them are on Windows, and some on MacOS. Some have purchased from the Affinity Store, and some have purchased from one of the other stores.

I'm sure the Serif staff are working to figure out any commonalities between the problem reports, and address the issue(s) so everyone can get this new function working.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Hi when first I purchased affinity photo i registered with an email i am no longer using (mdsnowden@eircom.net)

since then all my update versions have installed without problem, now the new update is asking me to login but i cannot remember my password and have no access to my previous email account

need help please

mark

1 hour ago, Mark snowden said:

Hi when first I purchased affinity photo i registered with an email i am no longer using (mdsnowden@eircom.net)

since then all my update versions have installed without problem, now the new update is asking me to login but i cannot remember my password and have no access to my previous email account

need help please

If you go to the Affinity Store and sign-in there, does your browser (or any password-helper app) fill-in the email and password for you?

If so, you can recover the password from the browser.

If not, I suggest you email affinity@serif.com for assistance. With appropriate verification they can reset the password (or the login email, so you can reset it) for you.

-- Walt
PC:

• Staff

Hi @AndrewJSchoen,

This is a bit of a puzzling one as I am unsure why you would be able to sign in directly through the site, but not the app. As such we will have to try a few things, ask a few questions and hopefully we can figure out a solution.

When you sign in via the site, is your browser auto-filling your login details? If so, could you try typing in the login details manually as you have been doing when you try to sign in through the app, and let me know if you are able to sign in successfully?

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

• Staff
12 hours ago, Mark snowden said:

We may made need to check a few things to ensure we are complying with GDPR, so could you please contact affinity@serif.com and we can look in to this for you in a bit more detail.

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

On 2/8/2021 at 9:23 AM, StevenS said:

Hi @AndrewJSchoen,

This is a bit of a puzzling one as I am unsure you would be able to sign in directly through the site, but not the app. As such we will have to try a few things, ask a few questions and hopefully we can figure out a solution.

When you sign in via the site, is your browser auto-filling your login details? If so, could you try typing in the login details manually as you have been doing when you try to sign in through the app, and let me know if you are able to sign in successfully?

Hi I am having the same issue, how did you purchase your apps? through the serif website or Microsoft Store? If Microsoft Store, that may or could be an issue??!?? Could I be right in saying this? I have purchased both but keep the windows store one on my pc because it auto updates without the need to visit the website, login, download, install etc etc etc. Windows Store keeps all the apps up to date for me. I can only think that this is thee problem. Or could it be firewall related? Any help gratefully received.

Screenshot 2021-02-09 234556.jpg

• Staff
9 hours ago, Andrew Windsor said:

how did you purchase your apps? through the serif website or Microsoft Store? If Microsoft Store, that may or could be an issue??!??

This is indeed the issue, we are actively investigating this, please wait for the first patch where we hope to have this problem addressed for the customers affected.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

On 2/5/2021 at 3:22 AM, AndrewJSchoen said:

I am having a similar or identical issue. Of note, I purchased the apps in the App Store, but had an Affinity Account previously. I can log in on the website, but cannot log in on the app. 

I have still the same problem.

4 hours ago, StevenS said:

This is indeed the issue, we are actively investigating this, please wait for the first patch where we hope to have this problem addressed for the customers affected.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you for the update StevenS, Great to know your guys are on top of the problem. Take Care & Keep Safe.

Andrew.

• 1 year later...

Hello. Is there any update to this problem? I have the same issue and exactly the same screen message as those above. I can login into my affinity account on the browser - but when trying with affinity photo app on desktop I just get an error message. My app was bought through the mac app store.

--------------

UPDATE: I found that when updated the app from v1.10.4 to 1.10.5 the login problem was fixed !

Edited by redpill