You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello … I just installed the 1.9 update for Affinity Photo. Upon re-opening, I noted that there were downloads available. I clicked the little 'download' icon for each and was under the impression they were downloading to my desktop (MacG5, macOS Sierra). Upon closing Photo, there were (and are) no downloads on my desktop nor in the Downloads or Documents folder(-s) in Dock. WHERE are these downloads set to go? They are not on my Mac. Ergo, the question them becomes: Is there a way to RE-download them and to CHOOSE which location they're downloaded TO? Thanks for your assistance.

Richard

Mac Pro (Mid-2010) G5, 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon i7; macOS ‘Sierra,’ 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5770; S271HL Acer Display (1920 x 1080); Affinity Designer, Photo, and Publisher 1.10.8, Photoshop CS6, Illustrator CS6, InDesign CS6, QuarkXpress 9.5.4.1, ON1 RAW 2020, Portrait Professional Studio64, Topaz Labs Suite, Nik Collection, LibreOffice; separate Western Digital external HDs for storage  

Proudly Wearing the Shame of ThoughtCrime …

• Staff

Hi Dr_No,
They are already installed in the respective app folders. You only have to access them in the app using the respective panels. For example: the overlays distributed as .afassets files (Fog, Rain Rainbow etc overlays), go to the Assets panel (menu View > Studio > Assets) and click the dropdown on the top of the panel to select the category you want, then drag the overlay(s) to the canvas to use them. For brushes, check the Brushes panel and so on. In that My Purchases section where you clicked the cloud icon to download them, if you click the small arrow on the left of the thumbnail (to expand it) you will see a lot of them contain an instructions, tutorials file you can check for additional info.

8 hours ago, MEB said:

They are already installed in the respective app folders.

Template files are available in the Templates > Affinity Store section of the New Document window (which only appears if at least one template has been downloaded from the store). You cannot rename or remove them from this section, which seems a bit less than user friendly.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

8 hours ago, R C-R said:

Template files are available in the Templates > Affinity Store section of the New Document window (which only appears if at least one template has been downloaded from the store). You cannot rename or remove them from this section, which seems a bit less than user friendly.

You cannot rename them. You can remove them, via the My Account window.

1. Locate the content pack that they're in.
  2. Expand the pack's listing.
  3. To uninstall: Click on the green icon that says they're installed.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

5 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

You cannot rename them. You can remove them, via the My Account window.

I know I can remove them via the My Account window but it would be easier & more intuitive if they could be removed like any other template directly from the New Document window without having to open the My Account window. (This would also probably fix a minor refresh issue that leaves the last deleted Affinity Store template selected in the New Document > Templates section.)

Being able to rename these templates would also be useful.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7