You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Astrophotography Stacking Features

Thank you Serif for the AF update version 1.9.

The new stacking options are a great addition.

For future updates, can the stacking options be added, for planetary stacking and comet alignment stacking as in Deep Sky Stacker?

Planetary aligning and stacking will require manual or automatic alignment points.

It will also need to open planetary videos, especially AVI and SER formats.

The Comet aligning/stacking should have three options:

1. Align on stars

2. Align on the comet

3. Align on both

I realize that this is a very complex operation for step 3. It may require two alignment runs and two stacking runs then stacking the two results.

Thank you again for the great work on Affinity Photo, and the other packages.

• 1 year later...

Hi all. I can stack nebulae fine, but decided to take a few dozen photos of Saturn to stack, with darks, but I can't figure any way to do it. Using Astrophotography Stack fails (I tried different staking methods).

I can use Stack to successfully align the images, but there is no way to export that result into a RAW file to then use for Astrophotography Stack. I have googled and searched through this forum but can't find an answer, other than I believe it's not possible??

Thanks in advance. 

Noah

• 3 months later...
On 2/2/2023 at 10:02 AM, Domus said:

Wanting to have a shot at C/2022 E3, I was wondering if comet alignment now works with AP 2? It's apparently moving very fast, so star alignment over several shots would be useless.

Thx!

Following - thank you for asking the question. I use Astro Pixel Processor for stacking/calibrating the Green Comet. I ran the Integration process twice, once focused on the comet nucleus and once focused on the stars......Now I need to know what to do with the 2 files in Affinity v2

• 2 weeks later...

I hope this is in the correct forum location. My first post. I just picked up Affinity V2. I’ve been using V1 for a bit. But I’m seeing my stacked data showing a double image in Affinity V2. I did a stack of the identical data and in fact an even greater sample size in Deep Sky Stacker current rev which showed no artifact. Is there a new setting I’m missing in V2. Thanks in advance and please feel free to move this post if needed. I hope the image added below links. DSS shows no ghost as seen in affinity V2

C73E150D-FC33-4634-9554-059E487B2380.jpeg