You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Program shutting down when I attempt to claim 1.9 freebies (four free overlay packs).

Hey, 

Not sure what to do. When I opened Affinity Photo I downloaded and installed the latest version. I was prompted with "GET ACCESS TO THE BRAND-NEW CONTENT SYNC FEATURE + FOUR FREE OVERLAY PACKS" 

Yay! 

But regardless of clicking Register now or Already registered? Sign in now, the program just shuts down after a brief loading sequence. 

This also happens when I try this in Designer and in Publisher as well. 

I already rebooted the computer and did a complete shutdown-reboot. 

Is there another way to load these freebies to my account? :) 

*see screenshot for what I see before the program shuts down. 

picture.png

• Staff

Hi @MaartenTummers,

We're currently looking into this and have a couple of questions. If you wouldn't mind answering the following that would be much appreciated!

1. Did you buy the app from the Microsoft Store?
  2. What version of Microsoft Store do you have running (found towards the bottom of the Settings page)?
  3. What's the version number of c:\windows\system32\RuntimeBroker.exe?
  4. Are you running any anti-virus software? If so, what is it?

Thanks in advance

3 hours ago, DanG said:

Hi @MaartenTummers,

We're currently looking into this and have a couple of questions. If you wouldn't mind answering the following that would be much appreciated!

2. What version of Microsoft Store do you have running (found towards the bottom of the Settings page)?

Thanks in advance

1: No
2: Not running Microsoft Store :) I downloaded from my account in affinitywebsite
3: 10.0.19041.746 
4: No antivirus software

Hi @MaartenTummers,

If you purchased the iOS versions of Affinity Photo and/or Affinity Designer the registration works and the freebies appear in your account that you can access on your PC via the serif website. I am experiencing the same issues as you on my Windows versions of the software but had updated the iOS versions without issue prior and got the freebies that now appear in my account. I can download them from there but it's much more convenient to be able to do so directly from the software so I'll await a fix for Windows. The iOS versions are on sale right now at 50% off.

9 hours ago, lala said:

Hi @MaartenTummers,

If you purchased the iOS versions of Affinity Photo and/or Affinity Designer the registration works and the freebies appear in your account that you can access on your PC via the serif website. I am experiencing the same issues as you on my Windows versions of the software but had updated the iOS versions without issue prior and got the freebies that now appear in my account. I can download them from there but it's much more convenient to be able to do so directly from the software so I'll await a fix for Windows. The iOS versions are on sale right now at 50% off.

Hey :) 

Nah not bought from Windows Store. I also don't have iOS to test this on haha :P Running good old Win10 

Same problem here...

When I try to sign in to my account, the "Bitte einen Moment warten" (please wait a moment) screen appears, then the program closes / crashes. This happens in all affinity programs (Photo, Designer, Publisher).

No, directly from the affinity website.
    -- (see above)
    Norton Life Lock

Hi!

Same problem here (German version of Affinity Photo):

1. Did you buy the app from the Microsoft Store? --> Yes
  2. What version of Microsoft Store do you have running (found towards the bottom of the Settings page)? --> Version 12011.1001.1.0
  3. What's the version number of c:\windows\system32\RuntimeBroker.exe?  --> 10.0.19041.746
  4. Are you running any anti-virus software? If so, what is it? --> Windows Defender

I have a similar problem in that I cannot install the freebies. I get to the download page via the account icon in Photo. I can download a file, but that's when everything goes awry.

The Photo window flashes, the blue "processing" cursor appears and all the heading text from the Photo menues disappears. From that point on Photo is in some sort of loop and never recovers.

I have to restart Photo to do any further work.

Capture_APhoto.PNG.86bbf7f3029d0b8409bae477139ea38a.PNG

Edit 8.2.21

I have just successfully installed the 3 free packages in Designer. I have also installed 2 of the 4 Photo packages in Designer with no problems.

On 2/6/2021 at 12:41 AM, DanG said:

Hi @MaartenTummers,

Thanks in advance

I have the same issue

1. No, direct from the site.

2. See above.

3. 10.0.19041.746

4. Windows Defender