You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher 1.9.0 on MacOS disable PDF Passthrough

I have a file with a lot of linked PDFs, the new "PDF passthrough" feature is killing me! It is set by default for all the single PDFs!!! What's worse, each time after updating a link (externally modifying a pdf) the setting is set to passthrough again!!! Whats even worse, preflight is now full of errors like: "Placed PDF Version (PDF-1.5) is not compatible with the PDF export version. The PDF will be rasterised on export."!!! How can I disable it for the entire document? Or set "interpret" as default?

• Staff

Hi @StanA,

Once you've set a place PDF which will be using Passthrough as default you should be able to change this to Interpret and then click Edit>Defaults>Save and that should save it.  You can also disable the Preflight warning for Passthrough PDFs by Editing the Preflight Profile in use :) 

Hi @stokerg, thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure whether I understand it. What do you meen by "set a place PDF which will be using Passthrough as default"? You mean just place any linked PDF?

The preflight warnings is not what's bothering me, rather I don't want the PDFs to be rasterized.