You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't register the new Version 1.9 (Split)

S_IV

46 minutes ago, S_IV said:

Same here, tried all Affinity Photo, Designer and Publisher with no success. Changing language to a different one doesn't work either. It just says "We're sorry. Sth went wrong during registration or sign in". 

We rolled out a fix for the original user report around 4 hours ago, so we will need to investigate this further. Could you tell me what your system language is set to? And what your Affinity language is set to (if it's not the default system language).

• Staff

Hi @S_IV,

A couple of quick questions for you:

1. What Operating System are you using (including version)?
  2. What's your default browser?
  3. Do you have any firewalls etc. set up?

Would you also mind attaching a screenshot of the error message so we can see exactly what you're seeing?

Thanks a lot

Dan

1 hour ago, S_IV said:

Same here, tried all Affinity Photo, Designer and Publisher with no success. Changing language to a different one doesn't work either. It just says "We're sorry. Sth went wrong during registration or sign in". 

When did you purchase the app from, Affinity Store or the Microsoft Store?

I'm having the same problem.  I just updated all three to 1.9 and was pleasantly surprised that I'd get some free goodies, but it wouldn't let me register.

All purchased from Affinity Site.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

All languages set to US English.

Browser - Firefox (latest version)

Windows Firewall

I don't get an error message.  It looks like it's trying and then both the register window and the affinity product window disappear.

Tried with all three products...same result.

Thanks for any help!

UPDATE:  Went back and added all three programs to Windows Firewall to allow all access...no change.

Mark

Edited by ymarkone

• Staff

Hi @ymarkone,

Thanks for reporting this. I've just got a couple of questions if you don't mind. @S_IV - if you could also answer these that would be much appreciated.

1. What version of Microsoft Store do you have running (found towards the bottom of the Settings page)?
  2. What's the version number of c:\windows\system32\RuntimeBroker.exe?

Thanks a lot

1 hour ago, pro84 said:

I have the same Problem.

Operating system Windows 10 with all updates
Affinity Photo & Designer version 1.9
Newest Microsoft store

Bought in MS-Store.

Language: German

I have the exact same problem.

German, Ms-Store, newest Win10 version, newest Afiinity Photo version etc.

On 2/4/2021 at 10:42 AM, S_IV said:

I'm having same issues registering the 1.9 Photo and Publisher. Also the Account icon does not work on either Publisher or Photo. Using Mac Os 10.11.6

No crash reports. If I go to my account (online) it tells me I have no registered products. I can not find a way to register. Online instructions tell be to use the account icon with in the app but that does not work. I would like to register so that I can download the bonus products that came with 1.9 Publisher and Photo

• Staff

Hi,

Can anyone in this thread who hasn't already please answer the following questions (assuming you're still having problems registering of course!)?

1. Did you buy the app from the Microsoft Store?
  2. What version of Microsoft Store do you have running (found towards the bottom of the Settings page)?
  3. What's the version number of c:\windows\system32\RuntimeBroker.exe?
  4. Are you running any anti-virus software? If so, what is it?

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, DanG said:

Hi,

Can anyone in this thread who hasn't already please answer the following questions (assuming you're still having problems registering of course!)?

1. Did you buy the app from the Microsoft Store?
  2. What version of Microsoft Store do you have running (found towards the bottom of the Settings page)?
  3. What's the version number of c:\windows\system32\RuntimeBroker.exe?
  4. Are you running any anti-virus software? If so, what is it?

Thanks in advance!

For me:

1. Yes

2. Version 12011.1001.1.0

3. Version 10.0.19041.746

4. No, just Windows Defender

2 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

Do you have any crash reports in:

%APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports\reports

If so, could you upload a recent one to this thread please.

No crash reports. If I go to my account (online) it tells me I have no registered products. I can not find a way to register. Online instructions tell be to use the account icon with in the app but that does not work. I would like to register so that I can download the bonus products that came with 1.9 Publisher and Photo

17 hours ago, DanG said:

Hi @ymarkone,

Thanks for reporting this. I've just got a couple of questions if you don't mind. @S_IV - if you could also answer these that would be much appreciated.

1. What version of Microsoft Store do you have running (found towards the bottom of the Settings page)?
  2. What's the version number of c:\windows\system32\RuntimeBroker.exe?

Thanks a lot

Microsoft Store Version 12011.1001.1.0

RuntimeBroker.exe Version 10.0.18362.1316

13 hours ago, DanG said:

Ahoj,

Může někdo v tomto vlákně, kdo ještě ne, odpověděl na následující otázky (samozřejmě za předpokladu, že máte stále problémy s registrací!)?

1. Koupili jste si aplikaci z Microsoft Storu?
  2. Jakou verzi Microsoft Store máte spuštěnou (najdete ji v dolní části stránky Nastavení)?
  3. Jaké je číslo verze  😄 \ windows \ system32 \ RuntimeBroker.exe?
  4. Používáte nějaký antivirový software? Pokud ano, co to je?

Díky předem!

1. Yes

2. Version 12011.1001.1.0

3. Version 10.0.19041.746

4. No, just Windows Defender

On 2/5/2021 at 10:54 AM, pro84 said:

I have the same Problem.

Operating system Windows 10 with all updates
Affinity Photo & Designer version 1.9
Newest Microsoft store

Bought in MS-Store.

Language: German

Login with the IPAD version is working...

On my PC I´ll still get the error  😞
image.png.e0010297ebb7df1419aa5196a27304e5.png

• Staff

I have a quick update on this issue. We appear to have a couple of issues with the My Account option in the 1.9 update that is affecting some users. We’ve just made available on the forum beta builds for both Affinity Photo and Designer for Windows (Publisher to follow soon) that should hopefully resolve these issues and give us the ability find out what could be causing the issues.

So, if you’re getting…

A crash when clicking My Account in 1.9 on Windows:
This is fixed in the latest beta builds. However, to get around this issue in the retail build, please follow the instruction listed in this FAQ: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/128969-fixed-affinity-apps-no-longer-start-after-installing-the-windows-10-october-2020-20h2-update/

We’re Sorry. Something went wrong during registration or sign-in
We’ve had reports that users who have been getting this error in the Microsoft Store version of our apps have been able to fix this by downloading the beta build of the app and signing into their account using that build. Once they've done this they can then go back into the Microsoft Store version and sign in without any issues.

If you’re issue is not listed above, please try the latest beta builds and see if the issue is resolved. If not, please let me know.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/134032-affinity-designer-windows-customer-beta-191944/ 
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/134031-affinity-photo-windows-customer-beta-191944/

Hope that helps.

Good News!!!😀

After installing Affinity Photo Beta from the post above I was able to log into my account in Affinity Photo and, surprise, also in Affinity Designer (without installing the appropriate beta).
After uninstalling the beta SW I am still able to log in in both programs...

(sorry for my poor English, no native speaker)

• Staff
26 minutes ago, pro84 said:

Good News!!!😀

After installing Affinity Photo Beta from the post above I was able to log into my account in Affinity Photo and, surprise, also in Affinity Designer (without installing the appropriate beta).
After uninstalling the beta SW I am still able to log in in both programs...

(sorry for my poor English, no native speaker)

That's great to hear - thanks for letting me know. Also, your English is great 👍