You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Not able to register? Bought from Microsoft store

• Staff

@OctaTracker @mauarg Sorry to hear that. We're currently looking into this issue.

Can you please tell me which version of Microsoft Store you're currently running (found towards the bottom of the Settings page) and what's the version number of c:\windows\system32\RuntimeBroker.exe?

Are you using a Desktop or Laptop? Do you have any 3rd party firewall or security apps installed?

I look forward to hearing from you.

I have the same problem on a Desktop PC.

Microsoft Store: Version 12011.1001.1.0

RuntimeBroker.exe: File and Product Version 10.0.19041.746

There is no 3rd Party firewall or Antivirus solution installed.

I tried switching from German to English locale that I read in another thread, but it didn't work for me. 

• Staff
57 minutes ago, matsuo said:

I have the same problem on a Desktop PC.

Microsoft Store: Version 12011.1001.1.0

RuntimeBroker.exe: File and Product Version 10.0.19041.746

There is no 3rd Party firewall or Antivirus solution installed.

I tried switching from German to English locale that I read in another thread, but it didn't work for me. 

Thanks for the information. Can you confirm that your Windows is set to German?

2 hours ago, Leigh said:

@OctaTracker @mauarg Sorry to hear that. We're currently looking into this issue.

Can you please tell me which version of Microsoft Store you're currently running (found towards the bottom of the Settings page) and what's the version number of c:\windows\system32\RuntimeBroker.exe?

Are you using a Desktop or Laptop? Do you have any 3rd party firewall or security apps installed?

I look forward to hearing from you.

12011.1001.1.0 / Desktop / Only normal windows firewall, nothing special

Also tried different languages, as my Windows is in English and the store in portuguese

Edited by mauarg

4 hours ago, Leigh said:

Thanks for the information. Can you confirm that your Windows is set to German?

Yes, the general system language is German. Initially the default settings in Photo, Designer and Publisher were set to German, too.

I did change the settings (from German to English) in the Affinity suite, but not in Win10. Registering didn't work with that, so I changed back to German. The issue remained.

win10sprache.jpg

win10.jpg

aphoto.jpg

Edited by matsuo
added screenshots of issue and win10 language preferences

I started this thread and still having the problem

Runtime broker version 10.0.19041.746

Windows store version: 120.11.1001.1.0

Running Windows 10 English

Running Affinity Photo, Designer and Publisher. All the same. I cannot event create a user at Affinity website.

What can I do now?

• Staff

Thanks to everyone who provided the information we asked for 👍 We're still investigating and when we have an update, I will let you all know asap.

On 2/7/2021 at 4:23 PM, thatGuy said:

For me it flat out crashed, running the app explicitly with admin privileges solved it though

Does the app crash on startup or when clicking the My Account button?

2 hours ago, Leigh said:

Thanks to everyone who provided the information we asked for 👍 We're still investigating and when we have an update, I will let you all know asap.

Does the app crash on startup or when clicking the My Account button?

All 3 apps crashed some seconds after clicking sign in, the apps didn't appear to freeze during that time however.

For the first user on this machine when run as admin the browser launched and everything else went fine,

for the second user which I registered a day later this error did not occur, but the sign in was opened directly within the app.

Both users are members of the local admin group only, without any custom domain/role permissions

• Staff

Thanks for the info @thatGuy

I have a quick update on this issue. We appear to have a couple of issues with the My Account option in the 1.9 update that is affecting some users. We’ve just made available on the forum beta builds for both Affinity Photo and Designer for Windows (Publisher to follow soon) that should hopefully resolve these issues and give us the ability find out what could be causing the issues.

So, if you’re getting…

A crash when clicking My Account in 1.9 on Windows:
This is fixed in the latest beta builds. However, to get around this issue in the retail build, please follow the instruction listed in this FAQ: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/128969-fixed-affinity-apps-no-longer-start-after-installing-the-windows-10-october-2020-20h2-update/

We’re Sorry. Something went wrong during registration or sign-in
We’ve had reports that users who have been getting this error in the Microsoft Store version of our apps have been able to fix this by downloading the beta build of the app and signing into their account using that build. Once they've done this they can then go back into the Microsoft Store version and sign in without any issues.

If you’re issue is not listed above, please try the latest beta builds and see if the issue is resolved. If not, please let me know.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/134032-affinity-designer-windows-customer-beta-191944/ 
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/134031-affinity-photo-windows-customer-beta-191944/

Hope that helps.

@Leigh Is there some kind of roadmap when the changes are implemented in a release version/official update?

The reason I'm asking is that I try to avoid using a beta version, especially when they are meant  to be not suitable for production use.

After installing the Win10 february updates I checked the version numbers of store and runtimebroker.exe. They didn't change. I'm still not able to login.

Thanks for your efforts in helping with this issue.

@Leigh, thank you for this update. I thought I'd share what I did.

I downloaded and installed the Affinity Photo Customer Beta from the link provided.

I ran the install. Then I ran it from the link in my start menu. It appeared to start, then nothing. Tried again. same thing.

I then ran the original Affinity photo (not Customer Beta) and I was able to create my account and download the assets.

I then ran Affinity Designer (not the Customer Beta) and was able to login to my account and download the assets.

Thank you so much for getting this working. Is it now safe to uninstall the Customer Beta?

3 hours ago, I_am_not_a_droid said:

@Leigh, thank you for this update. I thought I'd share what I did.

I downloaded and installed the Affinity Photo Customer Beta from the link provided.

I ran the install. Then I ran it from the link in my start menu. It appeared to start, then nothing. Tried again. same thing.

I then ran the original Affinity photo (not Customer Beta) and I was able to create my account and download the assets.

I then ran Affinity Designer (not the Customer Beta) and was able to login to my account and download the assets.

Thank you so much for getting this working. Is it now safe to uninstall the Customer Beta?

This worked for me too. I then uninstalled the beta.

• Staff
19 hours ago, matsuo said:

@Leigh Is there some kind of roadmap when the changes are implemented in a release version/official update?

The reason I'm asking is that I try to avoid using a beta version, especially when they are meant  to be not suitable for production use.

After installing the Win10 february updates I checked the version numbers of store and runtimebroker.exe. They didn't change. I'm still not able to login.

Thanks for your efforts in helping with this issue.

@matsuo No roadmap at the moment sorry. You don't need to keep the beta installed, you just need install, run and sign-in to My Account. Once you've done this it should force the MS Store version to work. You can then remove the beta version. It won't affect the MS Store version as it's installed alongside it.

17 hours ago, I_am_not_a_droid said:

@I_am_not_a_droid That's great to hear. Yep, you can remove the beta if you want to :)

14 hours ago, OctaTracker said:

This worked for me too. I then uninstalled the beta.

@OctaTracker Nice 👍

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I bought from the microsoftstore and it's giving timeout for "ready" notification. I tried all things here, I changed folder permissions, I changed firewall permissions and I can't register, I bought it on 02/22/2022. Will I have to ask for a refund from microsoft?image.png.f63d10c3861521da5af8e2f34d8d3751.png

Edited by thiago meteles

• Staff
3 hours ago, thiago meteles said:

I bought from the microsoftstore and it's giving timeout for "ready" notification. I tried all things here, I changed folder permissions, I changed firewall permissions and I can't register, I bought it on 02/22/2022. Will I have to ask for a refund from microsoft?image.png.f63d10c3861521da5af8e2f34d8d3751.png

Welcome to the forum. You're most probably having this issue: