You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.9.0 Node Tool modifier conflict results to breaking curve

katixy

There is a conflict in the modifier shortcuts while using a vector pen/brush. In earlier versions you could press CTRL to use the Node tool add some nodes. Now pressing CTRL will default to the break curve option (shortcut, according to the lower screen info panel, is CTRL - click). To access the node tool you need to press CTRL while in vector pen (that's the modifier key to access Node tool), but there's no ADD node option available anymore because you're already pressing the shortcut of break curve. To add a node you need to select the actual node tool which is cumbersome. 

I assume it is unintended change, because the info panel still gives the right sort of info what keys to press etc.

Quick question.

Before the new update I used to hold CTRL and click on a curve to add a new node, but after the update if I hold CTRL on a curve a red cross symbol appears next to the cursor and if I click it deletes the entire curve... Did they change the way to add nodes?

Edited by freddiebox

• Staff

Hi @katixy and @freddiebox 

This is an unfortunate side effect of introducing a new feature to the Node Tool. In 1.9 it is not possible to delete curve segments by holding down Ctrl and clicking on them. Unfortunately this clashes when you're using the Pen, Pencil or the Vector Brush and then hold Ctrl to temporarily switch to the Node Tool.

I will get this passed over to development to investigate ways around this.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Petrus said:

OMG!!!

Yeah so it's a bug, not a feature !
I hope it will be solved on a new release ASAP, I think I've lost 70% of my hair since it has been introduced :61_sob:

Good luck devs, you have all my mental power ;)

I definitely got used to the old version and I pull my hair out from the stress.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...