You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The 1.9 upgrades look fantastic. 

Question.

After registration you can download some of the free packs, like the snow in PHOTO. 

Where are they downloaded to? no path showing. Can you change the path? 

I don't have my affinity software on my C drive. Just the OS, so  I would like to choose where they go and know where they are. Right now i can't even find them.

Gary

Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 9 7950x, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz, Nvidia 4080 OC 16gb, Dell 38inch curved monitor.

23 minutes ago, thegary said:

I don't have my affinity software on my C drive. Just the OS, so  I would like to choose where they go and know where they are. Right now i can't even find them.

Anything that is automatically download is installed into the appropriate file/panel (Assets, Library, Brushes, etc.) and goes into the usual assets.propcol, raster-brushes.propcol, vector-brushes.propcol file with all your other content.

And all of that is typically on your C drive, in your Appdata folder. You don't have any control over where those files go unless you have played some games with your Windows configuration. See this FAQ for a pointer to finding that folder (the "user") folder:
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/98906-faq-what-exactly-do-the-clear-user-data-options-clear/

I don't think that the downloaded file is kept separately, but I'm not certain.

Some content is not automatically downloaded, and for that the My Account window will direct you to the Affinity Store to perform the download yourself, and you can put it wherever you want.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

12 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Anything that is automatically download is installed into the appropriate file/panel (Assets, Library, Brushes, etc.) and goes into the usual assets.propcol, raster-brushes.propcol, vector-brushes.propcol file with all your other content.

And all of that is typically on your C drive, in your Appdata folder. You don't have any control over where those files go unless you have played some games with your Windows configuration. See this FAQ for a pointer to finding that folder (the "user") folder:
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/98906-faq-what-exactly-do-the-clear-user-data-options-clear/

I don't think that the downloaded file is kept separately, but I'm not certain.

Some content is not automatically downloaded, and for that the My Account window will direct you to the Affinity Store to perform the download yourself, and you can put it wherever you want.

Thank you for the help Walt.

Found them.

Gary

Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 9 7950x, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz, Nvidia 4080 OC 16gb, Dell 38inch curved monitor.

You're welcome.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Found a backup for all the assests. 

Here all the assests and templates are available for download. Have them backed up now. and use them in the manner i want.

Gary

I was afraid of that. My C-drive is strictly for windows os. I am getting very tired of assets and resources plopping themselves down on the os drive. Soooo 1997. If you install an application (major item) on another drive, shouldn't all the support assets and resources (minor items) end up there as well??? Only licensing and startup resources should be with the OS, no???

20 minutes ago, melina said:

I was afraid of that. My C-drive is strictly for windows os. I am getting very tired of assets and resources plopping themselves down on the os drive. Soooo 1997. If you install an application (major item) on another drive, shouldn't all the support assets and resources (minor items) end up there as well??? Only licensing and startup resources should be with the OS, no???

I am with you . Its about time these things were tidied up.  Perhaps if we all put forth these suggestions they may be implemented. Affinity is very good at listening to its customers.

Please add it to the suggestions area, and so will I .

Gary