You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Registration Sign-In error in Photo and Publisher (split - Registration Timeout)

I purchased Affinity Photo, version 1.9.0.932 on the Microsoft App Store. I downloaded and installed Affinity Photo without any problems. I next tried to register the app and received a "We're sorry, something went wrong with registration or sign-in" error message.

Attach is a PNG image file with the error message, i.e. "We're sorry."

Affinity Registration Error.png

37 minutes ago, CRod74 said:

I purchased Affinity Photo, version 1.9.0.932 on the Microsoft App Store. I downloaded and installed Affinity Photo without any problems. I next tried to register the app and received a "We're sorry, something went wrong with registration or sign-in" error message.

Attach is a PNG image file with the error message, i.e. "We're sorry."

Affinity Registration Error.png

Try solution posted on end of page 1 of this topic. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, bubbabenali said:

How do you get the beta version from the Windows store?

You don't. You get them from the posts near the top of the appropriate Beta forum for your application and OS..

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 2 months later...
On 2/15/2021 at 4:31 PM, walt.farrell said:

Possibly this one?

Registered to this forum to see this reply to fix my issue and now it says:

Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it.

😞

48 minutes ago, SliVe said:

Registered to this forum to see this reply to fix my issue and now it says:

What is your issue?

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

8 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

What is your issue?

Trying to register Designer, Photo and Publisher from app (Windows 10) and it says ""Timeout while waiting for registration service "ready" notification"". Tried to install all the Beta versions but that trick doesn't work either.

18 hours ago, SliVe said:

Trying to register Designer, Photo and Publisher from app (Windows 10) and it says ""Timeout while waiting for registration service "ready" notification"". Tried to install all the Beta versions but that trick doesn't work either.

Thanks.

When you use the Beta versions, can they register? Or do they get the same failure, too?

-- Walt
PC:

2 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Thanks.

When you use the Beta versions, can they register? Or do they get the same failure, too?

Beta had the same problem but I found the problem! VPN was on and seems like it messed up the connection. Registering now works from stable builds normally.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Not to be a thread Necro'er but this issue is still on-going.

I got a new machine that had Win 10 on it. Affinity programs were installed fine. Had to do reformat the hard drive/re-install windows, so I installed Win11. Now I can't register the product.

I did try the "Install Beta" trick posted on the first page. I installed all current beta's, opened the programs, opened the regular versions and tried to "Sign In" and I'm still greeted with the timeout error. Trying to log in on the beta's also generates the same error.

On 2/4/2021 at 9:19 AM, DanG said:
  • What Operating System are you using?
  • What's your default browser?
  • Do you have any firewalls etc. set up?

• Windows 11
  • Chrome
  • Just default Windows system firewalls
  • Downloaded/Installed from my Affinity account, not the Microsoft store.

Edit: Potential Solution

I ended up having to run each Affinity program as Administrator and then it would load properly without the timeout error.

Loading the program normally = timeout when trying to sign-in.
Loading the program with "Run As Administrator" = no timeout issue, able to proceed with login.

I tried opening and closing the apps several times to confirm it wasn't a fluke. Whenever I wasn't using "Run As Administrator" the timeout error appeared.

Edited by Syrehn

Thank you Syrehn for reviving this issue, since it's still present! Windows 10 here. You have found a solution that is simple. Just select "Run as administrator" in the Windows Start menu. I hope your discovery will help the Affinity programmers to find a permanent solution that requires no additional actions but to run the program normally.

@Andreas1974What version of Windows are you on 10 or 11?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

5 hours ago, carl123 said:

@Andreas1974What version of Windows are you on 10 or 11?

6 hours ago, Andreas1974 said:

Windows 10 here.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

This issue is also affecting me, latest Designer/Photo/Publisher (as of 2022-01-19), Windows 10 21H1, installing with UAC elevation as required but running as local user. RuntimeBroker version is 10.0.19041.746 if that makes any difference, BitDefender Total Security for firewall. 

Hello world.

hi,

I just installed affinity designer 1.10 on windows 10 and I also had timeout error so I landed here searching for solution.

I followed some suggestions above (thank you :)) and here what I did, turned off windows firewall >> run affinity as administrator >> started registering. 

It worked fine on my device. 

I just purchased Affinity Designer and experiencing the same issues as described here, being unable to register my software. My version was purchased directly from the Affinity website for MacOS (version 10.14.6). In my case, could this be a Mojave compatibility issue? I've tried solutions mentioned elsewhere in this thread to no avail. Thankfully the software seems to be running normally otherwise -- just can't access my free add-ons and my account shows "No Registered Products".

1 hour ago, TagPass said:

In my case, could this be a Mojave compatibility issue?

Yes. See for example https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/designer/full-feature-list/

Scroll down to where it shows the footnote for Registration and Account Access*:

*For Mac, feature requires macOS Sierra 10.12 or above

IIFC, the hosts have mentioned there is some way of getting the free add-ons even if you can't use this feature, but I do not know what it is. Hopefully, someone else can help you with that.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 hour ago, R C-R said:

IIFC, the hosts have mentioned there is some way of getting the free add-ons even if you can't use this feature, but I do not know what it is. Hopefully, someone else can help you with that.

I think the suggestion from the Moderators was to email affinity@serif.com for Mac users with OSes that are too old for the My Account function to work.

-- Walt
PC:

2 hours ago, R C-R said:

Yes. See for example https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/designer/full-feature-list/

Scroll down to where it shows the footnote for Registration and Account Access*:

*For Mac, feature requires macOS Sierra 10.12 or above

52 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

I think the suggestion from the Moderators was to email affinity@serif.com for Mac users with OSes that are too old for the My Account function to work.

Thanks for the prompt replies -- I definitely appreciate it. So if the 'My Account' features are supposed to work on OS 10.12 and above, it should definitely be working on 10.14. Nonetheless, I found another forum post about there being a "known issue" with registering the software, so despite my troubleshooting, it looks like the actual solution is simply to wait until a fix is provided by the developers. It's ok for now though, since everything seems to be working fine otherwise -- and maybe I'll fare better when I get my new machine (along with a new OS) in a few weeks.

5 minutes ago, TagPass said:

So if the 'My Account' features are supposed to work on OS 10.12 and above, it should definitely be working on 10.14.

Sorry for any confusion I might have caused. For some reason I confused the version number of Mojave with one of the older ones like El Capitan or Yosemite.

Affinity Photo