You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Registration Sign-In error in Photo and Publisher (split - Registration Timeout)

I'm having a problem with all three apps. Similar to above, but saying "Timeout while waiting for registration service "ready" notification".

Tried changing the language, makes no difference.

APhoto also crashed while trying to register.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

• Staff

@DanG

PaulEC must have a different issue, you may want to split his post off.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

12 minutes ago, PaulEC said:

Similar to above, but saying "Timeout while waiting for registration service "ready" notification".

10 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

@DanG

PaulEC must have a different issue, you may want to split his post off.

The error message quoted by @PaulEC is the one (reproduced below) that I got earlier in AD 1.9 on iPad. It’s working correctly for me now.C7C86373-00A3-46E2-B102-4BA425977BC2.thumb.png.4aaf0c64902860eddf38df8c24c6f66c.png

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Hi @PaulEC,

Thanks for reporting this, I've got a couple of quick questions for you:

1. What Operating System are you using?
  2. What's your default browser?
  3. Do you have any firewalls etc. set up?

Also, would you mind uploading the crash report from the Photo crash here?

Thanks a lot

Dan

1. Windows 10 (with latest updates)

2. Chrome

3. I do have Norton 360 installed which has a firewall, but I've tried disabling it and I still can't sign-in.

Files uploaded, as requested.

Thanks for your help.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

• Staff

Thanks @PaulEC,

Sorry, but I've got another few questions for you (we've done some investigating and have narrowed it down but that's just revealed the need for more information!)

1. What version of Microsoft Store do you have running (found towards the bottom of the Settings page)?
  2. What's the version number of c:\windows\system32\RuntimeBroker.exe?

Thanks a lot

11 hours ago, DanG said:

Thanks @PaulEC,

Sorry, but I've got another few questions for you (we've done some investigating and have narrowed it down but that's just revealed the need for more information!)

1. What version of Microsoft Store do you have running (found towards the bottom of the Settings page)?
  2. What's the version number of c:\windows\system32\RuntimeBroker.exe?

Thanks a lot

1. Microsoft Store version 12011.1001.1.0 

2. Runtime Broker version 10.0.19041.746

• Staff

Thanks for everybody's help with this. We're still looking into it and have a couple more questions:

Firstly, @Arlen Keshabyan, would you mind answering the following:

1. Did you purchase the app from the Microsoft Store?
  2. What version of Microsoft Store do you have running (found towards the bottom of the Settings page)?
  3. What's the version number of c:\windows\system32\RuntimeBroker.exe?

Secondly, for everybody in this thread, are you running any anti-virus software? If so, what is it?

Thanks in advance

3 hours ago, DanG said:

Thanks for everybody's help with this. We're still looking into it and have a couple more questions:

Firstly, @Arlen Keshabyan, would you mind answering the following:

1. Did you purchase the app from the Microsoft Store?
  2. What version of Microsoft Store do you have running (found towards the bottom of the Settings page)?
  3. What's the version number of c:\windows\system32\RuntimeBroker.exe?

Secondly, for everybody in this thread, are you running any anti-virus software? If so, what is it?

Thanks in advance

Of course!

1. Yes, I did. I purchased the app from the Microsoft Store.
  2. The Microsoft Store version is 12011.1001.1.0
  3. The RuntimeBroker version is 10.0.19041.746

I don't use any third-party anti-virus software except for the built-in Microsoft Windows Defender one.

Also, please note, when the hardware acceleration is enabled in any Affinity app settings, the overall performance feels laggy. I use the NVIDIA ASUS Strix 3090 graphics card with the latest video drivers installed.

I get the same error as Arlen Keshabyan

1. Did you purchase the app from the Microsoft Store? Yes.
  2. What version of Microsoft Store do you have running (found towards the bottom of the Settings page)? Version 12011.1001.1.0
  3. What's the version number of c:\windows\system32\RuntimeBroker.exe? 10.0.19041.76

Windows Version is 10.0.19042 Build 19042

Edited by Stagea

15 hours ago, DanG said:

Norton 360 

Same problem registering. No virus SW except built-in windows. Newest updated Windows. 

Enhetsnavn    LAPTOP-LLVB56GS
Prosessor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.30 GHz
Installert RAM    16,0 GB (15,8 GB brukbar)
Enhets-ID    5B8F65CF-C76F-4AEC-9008-0E30BD551D28
Produkt-ID    00330-52453-09542-AAOEM
Systemtype    64-biters operativsystem, x64-basert prosessor
Penn og berøring    Støtte for berøring med 10 berøringspunkter

20 hours ago, Marco Kulczyk said:

I deactivated the AntiVir (Norton) and start to try to register. Same error.

I tried deactivating Norton as well, and, like you, it made no difference!

@DanG: I have the same error message as Arlen Keshabyan for Windows. I was able to register my copies of Photo and Designer on my Mac on the same network.

1. Did you purchase the app from the Microsoft Store? Yes.
  2. What version of Microsoft Store do you have running (found towards the bottom of the Settings page)? Version 12011.1001.1.0
  3. What's the version number of c:\windows\system32\RuntimeBroker.exe? 10.0.19041.746

Windows Version is 10 Build 19041.746

32 minutes ago, Marco Kulczyk said:

Is there already help / solution?

Possibly this one?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1