You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

OMG, Studio Presets …!

• Staff

Hi @Cooner,

Apologies for the delayed response here!

Many thanks for your feedback and we're happy to hear you're enjoying the new features!

Currently this feature saves the following -

• Active Studios from View > Studio.

This includes size, position, docked/undocked & the Show Left/Right Studio options. These are Persona Specific, so you will only see 'Pixel Persona presets' when in the Pixel Persona for example.

• Tools / Toolbar. Windows ONLY.

On Windows, the presets will also save the Tools in the left hand toolbar, and any customisations to the top toolbar - although if you have the left hand Tools panel floating, the position of this is not saved.

We hope to add these tool options to Mac in the future, I hope this clears things up :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

@Dan C

Awesome, thank you! It's a big help. Interesting … I'm on a Mac and when I was fiddling around with it it SEEMED like the Tools palette and the top toolbar were being saved as well, but I was doing that during a late-night insomnia session so I might have been out of it. ;)

One other question: Is there a way, or would you consider including a way, to export/import saved studios to an external file, or if there's a system file containing the studio settings somewhere that can be copied and replaced? Would he helpful when installing and setting up on a new machine, or if somehow preferences get gunked up and need to be reset.

Thanks again!

• Staff
27 minutes ago, Cooner said:

I'm on a Mac and when I was fiddling around with it it SEEMED like the Tools palette and the top toolbar were being saved as well, but I was doing that during a late-night insomnia session so I might have been out of it. ;)

Apologies, I believe I may have misread the bug report - the Tools and Toolbar should be saved on Mac, but these aren't being recalled after restarting the app. This logged as a bug currently and should hopefully be fixed in the future :)

The position of the top Toolbar & left hand Tools can be moved on Mac, specifically when in separated mode - currently this is not saved with these presets, but is logged as an improvement report with our developers!

30 minutes ago, Cooner said:

One other question: Is there a way, or would you consider including a way, to export/import saved studios to an external file, or if there's a system file containing the studio settings somewhere that can be copied and replaced? Would he helpful when installing and setting up on a new machine, or if somehow preferences get gunked up and need to be reset.

I'm not sure if we have any plans for import/export currently, but we may look at this in the future!

The presets are saved in the Library folders, which differ depending on where the application was installed from and which version of macOS you are running (Big Sur recently changed things!)
The below link shows the folder location for 'User', one up from this folder is 'Application Support', within this folder you'll see 'Presets', which is where the Studio Presets are saved :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

2 minutes ago, Dan C said:

The presets are saved in the Library folders, which differ depending on where the application was installed from and which version of macOS you are running (Big Sur recently changed things!)

Ahah, perfect! Until if and when an import/export feature is implemented, I can archive copies of these files away against future calamity. :) Thanks again!