You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

All 3 apps crash after updating

JoonaJ

• 2 months later...
On 2/4/2021 at 12:15 PM, AlainP said:

Quite a rough and rude start for a third post... Thousands of users don't have this problem, so maybe.....

It wasn't a very polite post (although it seems English is probably not the OP's mother tongue, so it's possible something was lost in translation).  But s/he isn't the only one with problems.  I didn't update mine until this week, and I'm not crashing on the splash screen, but it's crashing almost constantly, and I did not have that problem prior to the update.

Just because you're not having problems, or personally hearing about them, doesn't mean they're isolated.

@a2jc4life 

From which version did you update to which new version? If you have updated to 1.9.x, it is possible that the hardware acceleration is not working for you. You can access the hardware acceleration via the peer performance settings in the Affinity programmes and deactivate it. 

Outdated drivers and missing Windows updates can be another source of error. Missing or defective Windos libraries can also cause an error that only occurs in certain scenarios.

For a quick check, I recommend running sfc /scannow. 
And this is how it works: Copy sfc /scannow, press WINDOWS key + R and paste the copied text. Hold down the Shift + CTRL keys and press Enter or click on the OK button.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!