You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

sign in error to account from affinity photo 1.9

4 hours ago, Alexandre Cardoso said:

****  HOTFIX to connect your account to Affinity Photo downloaded from the MS Store version 1.9  ****

1. Remove the app that you downloaded from MS store.

2. Download the trial version of Affinity Photo 1.9. Install it and run it in trial mode. Close the app.

3. Connect to MS store and download your copy of Affinity Photo. After Install finishes you run the app. Register your software and download the free offers.

4. You can now remove the trial app that you downloaded and installed from the oficial web site.

5. Have fun with your registered app bought in the MS store. 

The end.

Screenshot (3).png

That did the trick.  The link below is from another thread on this topic.

We’re Sorry. Something went wrong during registration or sign-in
We’ve had reports that users who have been getting this error in the Microsoft Store version of our apps have been able to fix this by downloading the beta build of the app and signing into their account using that build. Once they've done this they can then go back into the Microsoft Store version and sign in without any issues.

If you’re issue is not listed above, please try the latest beta builds and see if the issue is resolved. If not, please let me know.

I just registered Affinity Photo with the Beta Version 1.9.1.943.

Affinity Photo 2.0.4  |   Affinity Designer 1.10.5.1342 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.5.1342

Windows 10 Pro 22H2 64bit | Intel Core i7 8750H @ 2.2 GHz | Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (Studio Driver) | Intel UHD Graphics 630 | 16 GB Dual Channel DDR4

https://www.flickr.com/photos/owlp

Hello!

I am having the same issue for all of my Affinity products. 

I bought the software last year and with this update I tried to sign in via the apps but it gives me an error about connecting to the server.

My store version is: 12011.1001.1.0

I'm only running Windows Defender 

And I am not sure what my runtimebroker is. I tried searching for it but nothing is showing 

I bought affinity photo & affinity designer on Microsoft Store and faced same log-in problem.

After upgrade to Version. 1.9.0.932 via Microsoft Store and its upgrade, Files.json file appears in AppData/Local/Temp/Affinity/Photo/1.0(Store)/AffinityDownloadCache.

I think this problem is related to this Files.json in 1.0(Store) folder.(previous version doesn't make this file before)

Is there a proper Files.json required for 1.9(Store) or something?

3.PNG

1.png

2.PNG

On 2/10/2021 at 8:27 AM, Alexandre Cardoso said:

****  HOTFIX to connect your account to Affinity Photo downloaded from the MS Store version 1.9  ****

1. Remove the app that you downloaded from MS store.

2. Download the trial version of Affinity Photo 1.9. Install it and run it in trial mode. Close the app.

3. Connect to MS store and download your copy of Affinity Photo. After Install finishes you run the app. Register your software and download the free offers.

4. You can now remove the trial app that you downloaded and installed from the oficial web site.

5. Have fun with your registered app bought in the MS store. 

The end.

I actually did not need to uninstall the MS Store Apps. I installed the Affinity Photo Trial (did not even activate it), then I was able to get all 3 Affinity MS Store Apps to work. Then I uninstalled the Trial. Restarted the PC just to be sure everything stuck.; which it did.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
2 hours ago, High Peaks Media said:

I am having the same issue after reinstalling.   I actually uninstalled because affinity was crashing continually - fixed it by turning off hardware acceleration.  But now I am unable to login/register after the fresh install.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums:

Start the application once by right-clicking and choosing Run as Administrator, as explained in the FAQ:

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

5 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums:

Start the application once by right-clicking and choosing Run as Administrator, as explained in the FAQ:

Hi everyone! Nice to meet you.

I was having the same problem and I found this post with your solution and it works well! If you run the apps as an Administrator works well.

I just installed the app in my new laptop and I couldn't sing up in any of the three apps.

Thank you so much.

Greetings from Spain.

Óscar