You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

sign in error to account from affinity photo 1.9

20 hours ago, DanG said:

Hi,

Thanks for everybody's help with this. We're still looking into it and have a couple of questions.

Can anyone in this thread who hasn't already please answer the following questions (assuming you're still having problems registering of course!)? Note there's an extra question I haven't previously asked!

1. Did you buy the app from the Microsoft Store?
  2. What version of Microsoft Store do you have running (found towards the bottom of the Settings page)?
  3. What's the version number of c:\windows\system32\RuntimeBroker.exe?
  4. Are you running any anti-virus software? If so, what is it?

Thanks in advance! Your help is much appreciated!

I have Affinity Designer and Photo installed on a Surface Book 2 and a desktop computer, obtained from my Microsoft store account. I've updated the apps to version 1.9 of both systems, and logged into my account successfully (downloading all my additional purchases) on my desktop computer.

However, I get the error when attempting the same on my Surface Book 2.

Both systems have the following version information

1. Purchased: Windows Store
  2. Windows-Store-Version: 12011.1001.1.0
  3. RuntimeBroker-Version: 10.0.19041.746 Windows-Build: 10.0.19042
  4. Windows defender and Acronis backup ransomware protection

I have installed the apps on an iPad pro and iPad Air 2 and logged into my account with no issues, updating additional content

1. Did you buy the app from the Microsoft Store? - Yes
  2. What version of Microsoft Store do you have running (found towards the bottom of the Settings page)? - Microsoft Store Version 12011.1001.1.0
  3. What's the version number of c:\windows\system32\RuntimeBroker.exe? - Version 10.0.19041.746
  4. Are you running any anti-virus software? If so, what is it? - Windows Defender Version 10.0.19.041.423, AdGuard Version 7.5.3

Even if I deactivate Adguard, it makes no difference.

21 hours ago, DanG said:

Hi,

Thanks for everybody's help with this. We're still looking into it and have a couple of questions.

Can anyone in this thread who hasn't already please answer the following questions (assuming you're still having problems registering of course!)? Note there's an extra question I haven't previously asked!

1. Yes
  2. What version of Microsoft Store do you have running (found towards the bottom of the Settings page)?
    1. Version 12011.1001.1.0
    2. CV: sgkSahfIGUeSctVl
    1. 10.0.19041.746
    1. Yes,  ESET Internet Security
    2. Product version 14.0.22.0

On 2/5/2021 at 12:10 AM, DanG said:

Hi @ian kelsall,

Thanks for reporting this. We're currently looking into some issues which seem to be affecting a small number of customers when attempting to register. I've just got a couple of questions if that's ok:

1. Did you purchase the app via the Microsoft Store?

Thanks a lot

1. Yes the app is from Microsoft Store.

2. Microsoft Store Version 12011.1001.1.0

3. RuntimeBroker version 10.0.19041.746

4. BitDefender Total Security.

Edited by vicentiu
forgot something

On 2/5/2021 at 6:36 PM, DanG said:

Hi,

1. Yes
2. Version 12011.1001.1.0

CV: 0r/UVu4OD0eC5yb4

3. 10.0.19041.746

4. Yes, just the normal Windows defender.

On 2/6/2021 at 12:50 PM, picolo said:

Did a reinstall and it works ok now.

Hello!
I quit the app via the settings, reset, uninstalled and finally reinstalled. I went through each step individually. Adguard was completely switched off. Only Windows Defener was active. 
No change, I still can't log in. The problem occurs equally on my PC and my Surface. 

Very unfortunate because I bought several brushes that I can't use now. I hope for a solution soon!

Unbenannt.JPG

4 minutes ago, ian kelsall said:

for those who purchased from the microsoft store, there should be a provision for us to be able to download the free content as paid customers. clearly this problem of signing in is not going to be fixed

by affinity.

They are working on diagnosing, and fixing, the problem. Why do you assume it won't be fixed?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

16 minutes ago, ian kelsall said:

for those who purchased from the microsoft store, there should be a provision for us to be able to download the free content as paid customers. clearly this problem of signing in is not going to be fixed

by affinity.

Affinity provide instructions on how to manually install the content (if you have an Affinity store account already) which I have used on my Surface Book until the problem is resolved - which I am sure it will be as it already works on my desktop computer which has also been updated to version 1.9 - both installations were done from my Microsoft store account!

24 minutes ago, mak1631 said:

I have done that not working still 

The other thing I did which maybe is relevant, is that when the beta didn't run first of all, I uninstalled the Windows store version (after selecting reset from advanced options, then uninstall), then when I ran the beta version it complained that the Windows store version needed to be installed (for license information) so what I did (as exactly as I remember):

1. Downloaded and installed the beta version. On running, this didn't appear to launch.
  2. Uninstall Windows store version from add or remove programs - select advanced options - select reset, select uninstall
  3. Ran the beta version, which complained that Windows store version was needed for license info
  4. Re-installed the Windows store version
  5. Ran the beta version again - which didn't actually launch (as before), but also didn't appear to error as to why it didn't launch
  6. Ran the Windows store version  - which now allowed me to login to my Affinity account.
  7. Uninstalled the beta version (which is a simple uninstall - no advanced option this time)
  8. Ran the Windows store version again, logged into my account and downloaded all my additional content.

Repeated the above for both Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo

Hope this helps, or at least gives the developers some clues as to what the problem might be generally!

****  HOTFIX to connect your account to Affinity Photo downloaded from the MS Store version 1.9  ****

1. Remove the app that you downloaded from MS store.

2. Download the trial version of Affinity Photo 1.9. Install it and run it in trial mode. Close the app.

3. Connect to MS store and download your copy of Affinity Photo. After Install finishes you run the app. Register your software and download the free offers.

4. You can now remove the trial app that you downloaded and installed from the oficial web site.

5. Have fun with your registered app bought in the MS store. 

The end.

Screenshot (3).png