You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there 

I'm using a Leica D-Lux 6 and I want to do the image editing in RAW. The Leica format is RWL. In Develop Persona my pics are distorted with a black vignette. It's not because of the lens - in JPEG the same pics are alright. 

Can somebody help me to solve this problem? 

Kind regards

• Staff

Hi Fenton,

Welcome to the Forums :)

I am sorry to hear you have been having issues with importing RAW files into the app. Could you please attach the file in question to this thread so I can investigate this further? Any files you attach will be deleted once I have looked at them :)

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Please can you give me an advice how to get rid of the vignette when I'm importing Leica RWL files into the app. I sent you already an example (looks like a lens-distortion, but it's definitely not the lens). Thank you Fenton 

Hi Fenton!

Typically modern cameras implement lens distortion correction in software, which accounts for your good JPEG results.

The same correction is implemented in the manufacturer's RAW-converter, and in most 3rd party converters.

The uncorrected RAW is the actual image as seen by the sensor.

(I don't know about the Develop Persona, so I don't know if it's supposed to be able to correct for this at this stage.)

Regards