You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF Export crashing

• Staff

Hi @Tarthur,

We are still trying to reproduce this, how many linked resources do you have in the document? If you try and re-link them (replace them with themselves) does it allow you to export?

We have a new beta here, and i'm also curious if you find the behavior any better in this beta.

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Sorry there is no crash report that I can see. Publisher closes down completely when I try to export to PDF. If there is a way of seeing a crash report I don't know it I'm afraid

Any news on this one yet?

Thanks for trying, I have already tried that no joy, however I have completely rebuilt the file from scratch and it appears OK now, a long job but I felt I had no choice with the closing date rapidly approaching. One other thing, does anyone else have problems with the new version stalling and/or crashing. I do. All MS Windows software is up to date and it is becoming really annoying. It did not happen with the previous version

Sorry there is no crash report that I can see. Publisher closes down completely when I try to export to PDF. If there is a way of seeing a crash report I don't know it I'm afraid

Thanks for trying, I have already tried that no joy, however I have completely rebuilt the file from scratch and it appears OK now, a long job but I felt I had no choice with the closing date rapidly approaching. One other thing, does anyone else have problems with the new version stalling and/or crashing. I do. All MS Windows software is up to date and it is becoming really annoying. It did not happen with the previous version

Yes I'm on MS Windows

• Staff

If you navigate to the %AppData%\Roaming\Affinity\Publisher\1.0 folder on Windows the crash reports are located in the crash reports folder, if you could attach the most recent here it might shed some light.

There's a bug in 1.9.0 where the paragraph panel can cause slowdowns, so the stalling you are seeing may be related to that, you can try hiding that panel or the 1.9.1 beta we have released that has a fix for this in (I don't think it will fix the crash on export bug you are encountering however)

Thanks the crash report should be attached,

520ce62c-cbaa-4982-a369-8981d02c2cc7.dmp

• Staff

The older builds are here.

I believe the issue is related to one of the linked PDFs (it's a bug, but that's why I can't reproduce it with your file as i don't have those). I suspect if you re-linked them (replaced them with themselves) it would prevent the crashing.

I'm investigating the reports we've had of this.

Can I uninstall 1.9 and go back to the previous version? I had no problems then. It is still happening and I cannot export  to PDF for printing

Thanks, at last I've got it sorted but I couldn't have done it without your help. Very grateful.

Clearly one of the PDF's was corrupt and but deleting and reinstating them it cleared the problem

Thanks again

Publisher 1.9.1.952 doesn't crash but gives an error trying to export a PDF.

This is a 56 page document created from an IDML file exported from InDesign, with 68 linked images (mainly TIFs).

It includes some large tables which InDesign splits across pages, a feature I haven't found int Affinity Publisher.

So I've had to do some work around to the tables, but otherwise the file is pretty much as imported from IDML.

The released version of Publisher 1.9 handles the export fine.

The Beta never completes the export phase where it calculates the estimated PDF size, but if you try to do the export anyway, you get this error popup:

image.png.433695490c57937874aa588937af973f.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.