You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

On 2/4/2021 at 12:15 PM, DanG said:

Thanks for these reports. We had an issue processing registrations for certain locales, however this has now been resolved.

Thanks again

It doesn't seem entirely resolved DanG - I'm still unable to login inside Publisher (reinstalling after an OS upgrade) I can login to my account just fine at https://affinity.serif.com (which is where I downloaded the application from my purchase history) but entering the same credentials inside Publisher keeps coming up as invalid - they're exactly the same, I've even reset the password to see if that shook it free but no joy, and the language is set to UK English as advised above. My registered email is a .scot address which the app wants to autocorrect to .se could this be part of the problem?

Same problem here. I bought Designer, Publisher and Photo. Designer registration fails repeatedly. Photo and Publisher were no problem.

Designer:

- Download from Serif

- Had a trial version, but updated it.

- Product key worked just fine.

- When I try to register it, it displays: getaddrinfo() thread failed to start

- Changed the language from German to English already, to no avail.

- Firewall is disabled for Designer

- OS is Win7 Home Premium 64 bit

- Help?

• Staff

@inforocket If you're entering you're product key and it's not being accepted then that's a different issue. Feel free to PM your details and I will see if I can figure out why it's not being accepted.

@Lars Kropp We're currently looking into this. Is it possible to give me answers to the following questions?

- Did you buy the app from the Microsoft Store?
- What version of Microsoft Store do you have running (found towards the bottom of the Settings page)?
- What's the version number of c:\windows\system32\RuntimeBroker.exe?
- Are you running any anti-virus software? If so, what is it?

I look forward to hearing from you.

I too have the same issue. I can't register my Affinity Photo app using the new version 1.9 "My account".

When I try it simply closes down the app?

I believe my original purchase was direct from the Affinity web site. The RuntimeBroker.exe version is 10.0.19041.746 & the only virus running is Microsoft Security

Can you help?

Thanks

I have the same problem.
I bought Designer, Publisher and Photo from the Windows Store. When I try to log in or register, I get the same error message as in the screenshot.
The problem remained the same, after changing the language in Designer, Publisher and Photo (German, eng. uk, eng. us, Spanish and French).
My RuntimeBroker.exe version is 10.0.19041.746.
I'm running no anti-virus software.

Andy

• Staff
20 hours ago, TonyX said:

I too have the same issue. I can't register my Affinity Photo app using the new version 1.9 "My account".

When I try it simply closes down the app?

I believe my original purchase was direct from the Affinity web site. The RuntimeBroker.exe version is 10.0.19041.746 & the only virus running is Microsoft Security

Can you help?

Thanks

@TonyX Can you try following the instructions in this following FAQ and let me know if that fixes your issue: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/128969-fixed-affinity-apps-no-longer-start-after-installing-the-windows-10-october-2020-20h2-update/ 

• Staff

I have a quick update on this issue. We appear to have a couple of issues with the My Account option in the 1.9 update that is affecting some users. We’ve just made available on the forum beta builds for both Affinity Photo and Designer for Windows (Publisher to follow soon) that should hopefully resolve these issues and give us the ability find out what could be causing the issues.

So, if you’re getting…

A crash when clicking My Account in 1.9 on Windows:
This is fixed in the latest beta builds. However, to get around this issue in the retail build, please follow the instruction listed in this FAQ: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/128969-fixed-affinity-apps-no-longer-start-after-installing-the-windows-10-october-2020-20h2-update/

We’re Sorry. Something went wrong during registration or sign-in
We’ve had reports that users who have been getting this error in the Microsoft Store version of our apps have been able to fix this by downloading the beta build of the app and signing into their account using that build. Once they've done this they can then go back into the Microsoft Store version and sign in without any issues.

If you’re issue is not listed above, please try the latest beta builds and see if the issue is resolved. If not, please let me know.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/135204-affinity-designer-windows-customer-beta-191963/
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/135203-affinity-photo-windows-customer-beta-191963/

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi...still cannot register an existing account for over a week since installing v1.9. Designer, Publisher, Photos all purchased via MS Store (Windows 10 Pro; all up to date). Don't know if this is related to not being able to register, but just found out I can't export anything. When I do, the app brings up the Save As dialog.

Any estimated time for an update via the MS Store? Is there a way to downgrade to v1.8?

- DD

• Staff
10 minutes ago, DDB said:

Hi...still cannot register an existing account for over a week since installing v1.9. Designer, Publisher, Photos all purchased via MS Store (Windows 10 Pro; all up to date). Don't know if this is related to not being able to register, but just found out I can't export anything. When I do, the app brings up the Save As dialog.

Any estimated time for an update via the MS Store? Is there a way to downgrade to v1.8?

- DD

Welcome to the forum @DDB :)

Have you tried my suggestion above? If not, please give the We’re Sorry. Something went wrong during registration or sign-in part a read. If you could explain more about the Save As issue, I can help you further.

6 minutes ago, Leigh said:

Welcome to the forum @DDB :)

Have you tried my suggestion above? If not, please give the We’re Sorry. Something went wrong during registration or sign-in part a read. If you could explain more about the Save As issue, I can help you further.

Hi Leigh...Thanks for the quick response. Yes, that setting has been changed. Yes, I read the article. I'm holding off on installing the betas in hopes the issue would be resolved soon. I'm also a heavy user of Publisher, which doesn't have a beta. That's why I was wondering if there was an estimate when everything will get fixed via a MS Store update.

The export issue: Open Designer > Create a Graphic > Click Export

If JPEG is selected, the Save As dialog box pops up. If PNG is selected, you're able to export as PNG. Have not tried the other formats. 

Affinity_Bug_Color_Update.PNG

1 hour ago, DDB said:

If JPEG is selected, the Save As dialog box pops up. If PNG is selected, you're able to export as PNG. Have not tried the other formats. 

Are you sure you're not just seeing the effect of the 8th bullet in the Known Issues list?

If so, just trust that it's working properly, or configure File Explorer to show file extensions.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
On 2/19/2021 at 3:48 PM, DDB said:

I'm holding off on installing the betas in hopes the issue would be resolved soon. I'm also a heavy user of Publisher, which doesn't have a beta. That's why I was wondering if there was an estimate when everything will get fixed via a MS Store update.

According to Patrick's post here, the update should be available this week :)

• 4 weeks later...

I can not register when I click on My Account tab from the Help menu. This happened with all three programs, Affinity Photo, designer and Publisher 1.9 all on:

Windows 10 Pro

Version 20H2

Build 19042.867

Microsoft Store Version 12011.1001.1.0

System Specifications:

Gigabyte Aorus B450 I Pro Wifi

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x

32Gb Ram

AMD rx5700 GPU

I also purchased the Mac versions of the Affinity 1.9 suite and so far I have no problems as far as I can tell.

affinity registration Capture.JPG

Edited by Pmmare72

26 minutes ago, Pmmare72 said:

I can not register when I click on My Account tab from the Help menu. This happened with all three programs, Affinity Photo, designer and Publisher

From the FAQ:

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1