You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo for macOS - 1.9.0

Patrick Connor

1 hour ago, Patrick Connor said:

@carol848

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

There is a delta update containing only the changes since the last release for macOS (whether from the Affinity store or from the Mac App Store). Please confirm you are currently on 1.8.6 and where you got Affinity Photo for macOS from (Affinity Store or Mac App Store)?

I am on 1.8.6 and I got it from the Affinity Store.

• Staff
2 hours ago, carol848 said:

I am on 1.8.6 and I got it from the Affinity Store.

The Affinity Store Affinity Photo Mac 1.8.6 to 1.9.0 delta file is 305 MB  

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hello,

Great to see astrophotography tools being added. Just two requests:

(1) A manual refinement of averaging methods to pick the light levels of individual pixels. For example, there are 10 stacked images and each pixel is is ranked from the brightest to the darkest (1, ..., 10). Issuing a command like [average 3-10], would average the 8 darker pixels and help to control for airplane trails and cloud/mist conditions. Alternatively, [average 1-3] might work well with meteor trails. If this could work with Affinity's tools for operating only on certain parts of the image, all the better.

(2) Any plans to allow selection of one part of the image, and alignment and stacking of another part, as is needed for nightscape photography.

Thanks,

Peter.

3 hours ago, Peter J W said:

Hello,

Great to see astrophotography tools being added. Just two requests:

(1) A manual refinement of averaging methods to pick the light levels of individual pixels. For example, there are 10 stacked images and each pixel is is ranked from the brightest to the darkest (1, ..., 10). Issuing a command like [average 3-10], would average the 8 darker pixels and help to control for airplane trails and cloud/mist conditions. Alternatively, [average 1-3] might work well with meteor trails. If this could work with Affinity's tools for operating only on certain parts of the image, all the better.

(2) Any plans to allow selection of one part of the image, and alignment and stacking of another part, as is needed for nightscape photography.

Thanks,

Peter.

Fantastic post Peter!!!

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) Mac OS 13 | 4.2 GHz Quad Core Intel-Core i7 | 64GB Ram | Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

Adobe Photography (Lightroom and Photoshop) | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2 | Capture One Pro (for now) | Topaz Labs Photography Suite | Fast Raw Viewer | NeoFinder

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

@Louise Walker

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

29 minutes ago, Louise Walker said:

I have OS X 10.9.5 will this update still work on this operating system?

Yes, the 1.x range supports all MacOS from 10.9 to 11.2, and this update is no exception

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
4 hours ago, TravancoreKing said:

tried many times . but this is the result

I suggest that you download the whole application from your account and if that goes well, uninstall and reinstall completely

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd