You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What's the skinny red outline around some of my shapes in Affinity Designer?

Hi Everyone - I'm trying to draw a mosaic of different colored squares. I made bunch of squares, duped them, aligned them and changed their colors. I had trouble with some if the alignments but I can work that out. I've noticed that some of my squares have a thin red outline round them, even though their is no stroke. It's like the app is trying to tell me something but I don't understand :)

I'm a bit new to working in vector - I know bits and pieces of various vector programs and am self taught. I looked around for answers but haven't found anything yet. I would love to stick this one out!

Any answers? Thanks in advance.

post-8426-0-05203900-1442792945_thumb.jpg

Hi robertpastrana,

I also think it has something to do with which layer is active.

They appear to relate to the bounding boxes of each square object.

I'm not at my Mac to illustrate what I mean but I'm sure that someone else will have a better explanation.

I guess the main point is that if the lines do not print or appear in an exported PDF, then it's nothing to really worry about.

Paul.

Hi Paul -

Thanks for your answer - are you sure? I had a few of my squares have the red outline at the same time... they were all in different places and each was it's own separate entity.

Hi robertpastrana, 

It's a feature for showing 'snapping candidates'. 

It can be turned off if you wish, see attached screen shots: 

Hope this helps, 

Paul.