You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo for Windows - 1.9.0

Patrick Connor

12 hours ago, PLShutterbug said:

Just installed 1.9 and so far looks good.

Nikon RAW images appear to take longer to load than before,  but maybe that's my own impatience. Using a Z7 so the files are around 50MP.

Hardware acceleration looks brilliant. I have an NVidia GForce 1050 and I see massive increases in performance. Before it was many seconds and now it's instant.

I don't see my camera or its presets supported in RAW editing, nor the brilliant Nikkor Z 14-30 f/4. I've requested that lens be added - months ago - in the open-source lens profiler you use. When are you going to add it? It's been on the market two years.

I'd really like to figure out how to save my own RAW editor presets to apply to RAW files as I first load them. Is there a video available for that? I haven't really found one yet ... maybe I haven't looked hard enough.

You CAN save RAW develop presets, but there isn't a way to have them automatically load. You have to manually select the presets after each RAW file is loaded. That would be a nice addition to be able to select the presets to load automatically, maybe in a future update.

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB Ram, RTX 3070, LG 27" 4K 10Bit

Windows 11 22h2

Dell Laptop: i7 7700, 32GB Ram, GTX 1060, 16" 4K

Windows 10 22h2

5 hours ago, AffinityFan2k19 said:

This, this right here is why I was/am so glad I bought this, and why some ungrateful people should just go rent photoshop instead and leave us out of their temper tantrums...

Sigh. Generalizations like this doesn't make the world of 2021 a better place to live. Or make Affinity a better product. Or give Serif more insight into market demand, scenarios, use cases, marked trends, regional differences etc. etc. etc.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

3 hours ago, Jowday said:

Sigh. Generalizations like this doesn't make the world of 2021 a better place to live. Or make Affinity a better product. Or give Serif more insight into market demand, scenarios, use cases, marked trends, regional differences etc. etc. etc.

To be honest. It was rather refreshing.

But you are correct. If nobody complains about bugs or missing features then the product will never improve.

• Windows 10 Pro
  • Intel Core i7-4770 3.40Ghz
  • 16 GB RAM
  • Nvidia Geforce GTX 980
  • Samsung EVO 850 SSD

• Staff
18 hours ago, AffinityFan2k19 said:

....and why some ungrateful people should just...

13 hours ago, Jowday said:

Generalizations like this doesn't...

9 hours ago, Xzenor said:

If nobody complains about bugs or missing features then the product will never improve.

We welcome you complaining about the bugs, but the announcement post (read by many first time visitors) is not the best place for those reports nor is it the right place to tell others they should not be here. Please can this thread be about what's new in 1.9.0 not what's old. Thanks.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Then I can tell first time visitors that they are gonna loooove the divide blend mode and the export preview in release 1.9

👉 Ridiculously easy method to remove colour casts with divide blend mode

Removing colour casts from photos is probably the most common task in a photo editing workflow - so this blend mode is a great helping hand.

Next step for Serif could be to built in right into some "Remove colour cast" tool - making it even easier to use. Build a UI for it.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

11 hours ago, Jowday said:

You're right, I was a bit miffed at what someone said about the program a few pages back:

"Installed and removed this piece of c**p after 20 minutes.  Could have been shorter if it was able to just change my brush in less then 5 minutes...

Hope I can go back to previous version."

Yeah, people should be thankful that there's an actual full purchasable program, and not your typical over-priced rent-ware that has taken over 3/2/D art world, so when I read his post it kind of set me off a bit, ironically, I toned my post down from the original! But yeah, I should have been more diplomatic in my presentation, especially being a n00b to the forum, I'll edit my post!

And yes, constructive criticism does help a product/people get better, but flying off the handle when you encounter a bug and uninstalling the prog before it's fixed/issue addressed doesn't help either...

6 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

We welcome you complaining about the bugs, but the announcement post (read by many first time visitors) is not the best place for those reports nor is it the right place to tell others they should not be here. Please can this thread be about what's new in 1.9.0 not what's old. Thanks.

Yeah as mentioned before I should have waited a bit before posting, I'll rein in my future posts!