You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am trying to make this layer consistent for all angles with the 3D layer effect. Notice the outer obtuse angles (right) go inward on a straight line, but the inner acute angles (left) are rounded. I want them to be straight lines as well. I have adjusted the layer effect in every way I can see and have made a custom profile but as far as I can tell the 3D effect does the same thing to any acute angles on a layer. Is there a way to make all angles go in at a straight line?

image.png.e1793f91c6ce51556fac49b5cf5ba44a.png

• Staff

Hi @Mr. Mendelli,

It would help to see a copy of this document / object so I can look into this further for you - could you please upload a copy here for me? :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

Not sure if I got this right, but I think I am having the same question here.

I need all the corners to be sharp. The inside corners are round and they should be sharp to be consistent with the outer ones. But I cant find a setting to achieve this.

My initial question:

Affinity Suite 1.9.1 | Big Sur 11.6.1 | MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016) | 2.9 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 | AMD Radeon Pro 460 | 1TB Apple NVME SSD | LG Ultrafine 5K

On 2/14/2021 at 12:59 AM, ed lazer said:

Not sure if I got this right, but I think I am having the same question here.

I need all the corners to be sharp. The inside corners are round and they should be sharp to be consistent with the outer ones. But I cant find a setting to achieve this.

My initial question:

I think this is down to how the algorithm that is used to determine angles, I don't thinks it's impossible to do, just not with current versions. I've come across other people with the same problem. I experimented with tons of profiles on the effect and it always handles acute angles the same way.