You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Work is a stamp's size after pasting in identical document

In september I worked on a document. At some point, to get a more responsive document, I duplicated  the document and deleted some artboards to work only on part of them.

Today, I need to reunite them. It sound easy: emptying some artboards of the first document, copying and pasting the contents of artboards of the second document.

The result is a joke:

2021-02-03_221030.png.85db5d129f733886b5dc3800b29ccd63.png

2021-02-03_221003.png.ebef2deb997f6455f88626c384721c32.png

2021-02-03_221056.png.a75cb8f7922942fc9c93bc9b9fc54ea0.png

I can import the second file in the first one, but it's not the same, and this bug is annoying.

• Staff

Hi Wosven,

Apologies for the delay on responding to you. StuartRc has recently had similar issue that I was unable to reproduce, and we eventually discovered it was actually being caused by having the 'Copy items as SVG' enabled in Preferences > General. For some reason it was failing to put Affinity Data on the clipboard with that enabled which meant the pasted content was totally incorrect. I've passed this on to development to be investigated
Do you mind just checking if that is enabled - if it is and you disable it does it then paste correctly for you? 

With regards to the other issue you've mentioned do you have a source file (ideally unsaved in 1.9 if you still have it) you could attach and any screenshots of what it was like previously please? I've created a link below to our internal Dropbox account to upload it to.
https://www.dropbox.com/request/68DZbGrMGNEdIWku1a1y

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Hi @Sean P,

Why the problem isn't a bug? Can't we paste from one document to another without checking/unchecking this mark each time we paste an image?

Please, add this to the bugs, since it needs a solution.

It can even be a  checkbox "paste as SVG" in the context toolbar when the Move tool is selected… but less clicks and modifying the preferences when we need to copy only images.

• Staff

The issue I mentioned with the 'Copy items as SVG' was reported to development and fixed for 1.9.1 back in February. 

It sounds as though you're having a different issue. If you are could you attach the document you're pasting from and also the one you're pasting into? (You can delete any irrelevant objects from each document, so post the file publicly).

If you could also get a screen recording showing the behaviour you're seeing that would also be helpful.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.