You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Purchase Error in Webpage, Card stil got charged

Hello Everyone, 

I decided to purchase affinity designer and photo today, however, when i entered my credit card info and pressed the pay button the website gave me an error message that said that my payment had been declined, in that moment my banking app notified me that the purchase was done(and so the money was billed), i checked my account and it shows no order history nor licenses and the money in my bank app is now gone.

is there anything that i can do to get my money refunded or the software licenses?

Thanks everyone

• Staff

@PabloDaza 

It sounds like your payment is being declined. When this happens you may see a pending transaction on your account for a few days. This should drop back into your account once your bank realises we cannot collect the payment. 

This is most likely due to an error in the way your browser is handling the 3d secure check that is now mandatory for all EU online orders. Before trying again you may wish to check your browser is up to date 

If you can email affinity@serif.com we can confirm this is the case, and if necessary arrange for you to manually place an order.

Thank you for your response @SFurniss i sent the e-mail to the address you suggested, i will wait for the response.

However i dont see any pending transactions in my app, it says that it was correctly billed

I wonder if there's any other store front that sells the affinity software, like steam perphaps?

I'll update as soon as i get more information 

Edited by PabloDaza

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget that you can get a 90 day free trial at the moment, so you can still use the apps while waiting for your bank(s) to sort it out.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

• 4 weeks later...