You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export layered PSD option for Moho Pro

Please consider making a PSD export option compatible with Moho Pro animation software. I see you have one for Final Cut Pro--maybe Moho could be an additonal option on your export menu? Better still, make the .afphoto file compatible with Moho. Moho Pro has just been reacquired by the original creator, Mike Clifton, and is currently undergoing a major update. It might be a good time to approach them. I have been converting picturebook illustrations to animation assets for animated promotional trailers for publishers for some years now and would be happy to answer any questions about the PS-Moho pipeline. 

Hi and welcome to the forums @ultramarine

Try saving the Photo document as a PSD using the export menu. There is also an option for PSD as a Final Cut compatible file which may be needed.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

7 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Hi and welcome to the forums @ultramarine

Try saving the Photo document as a PSD using the export menu. There is also an option for PSD as a Final Cut compatible file which may be needed.

Thanks for the suggestion, Old Bruce. I've tried all the Affinity PSD export options and none work with my Moho Pro 12.5 (which is the latest stable version). Perhaps Affinity PSD exports will work with Moho Pro 14 when it comes out.

1 minute ago, ultramarine said:

Moho Pro 12.5 (which is the latest stable version).

hmmm... Their website has 13 as the latest version. I am just going by that, not a customer.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Yes, that is the latest version produced by the old owners SmithMicro--it has problems. Studios like Cartoon Saloon are sticking with 12.5 until the next version is produced by the new (and original) team. As I mentioned in my original post, Mike Clifton created this lovely software and has just reacquired it. In the coming months, Mike will be remedying the bugs created by SmithMicro.