You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Auto remove background to transparency tool

4 hours ago, Invictus said:

No, it doesn't have to be a white background it could be any colour. This is a two-click technique.

pretty impressive but they are charging for each image you convert if you want high res. I am guessing this is proprietary coding and AI that makes this so easy. Would love to have this simplicity obviously but think it will take some time and R&D before this filters down. It would kill the entire business if it could be done in Photos or Photoshop so I am sure they are guarding this pretty well. 

On 2/2/2021 at 11:45 AM, Invictus said:

Yeah, good point. I don't know much about any of this but it would be a really cool feature for Affinity !

On 2/1/2021 at 8:39 PM, wonderings said:

pretty impressive but they are charging for each image you convert if you want high res. I am guessing this is proprietary coding and AI that makes this so easy. Would love to have this simplicity obviously but think it will take some time and R&D before this filters down. It would kill the entire business if it could be done in Photos or Photoshop so I am sure they are guarding this pretty well. 

would be great having such a feature saving me and other people lot of time !
i´m using pen tool to get best results but costing me half an hour to get one photo done ! see sample attached !
JPG or Raw file out of the cam - one click background removed and saved as png that´s kind of tool a lot of people
need !

affinitystack.JPG

KH24IDCL-050_RE086SR.png

4 hours ago, Christof Dietz said:

would be great having such a feature saving me and other people lot of time !
i´m using pen tool to get best results but costing me half an hour to get one photo done ! see sample attached !
JPG or Raw file out of the cam - one click background removed and saved as png that´s kind of tool a lot of people
need !

affinitystack.JPG

KH24IDCL-050_RE086SR.png

I think just about everyone would love to have that but again I think this needs some big R&D to develop something like that. The site that was linked did this in 10 seconds. Now you could use this site and pay about a $1.95 USD for it. Not a bad price considering what you probably charge per hour and the time you could save. I have attached a low res image (free from the linked site). https://www.remove.bg

Free to try, wth checking out. I know I will be seeing how it handles certain images in the future as it literally takes seconds.

affinitystack.JPG.33df3cd9747b2020b2de03ddae283e59-removebg-preview.png

• 11 months later...
On 2/1/2021 at 3:43 PM, Invictus said:

Dear Affinity Team,

Would it be possible to have a tool that automatically removes the background changing it to transparent by exporting it to a PNG file please?

Many thanks.

Nick

I am completely on your page!

Pixelmator Pro is able to do so with very good results, so I hope Serif is working on that feature as well! Makes background removing / selecting so much easier than selecting brush does.